Which serpentine belt brand?

Replacing what is probably the original serpentine belt on my 2011 Ford Ranger with 102,000 miles. I ordered OEM Motorcraft from Rock Auto. That's one part I ain't takin' no chances with. :)

IMO, it is more car makes and model specific.

In a Toyota, I like to use Mitsuboshi.
I put Gates and it squeals.

For the Suburban Diesel, I have used Gates and last one was squealing so I replaced with the HD version (green) and it was no squeal.
Of course, the alternator was on the way out and the green belt was installed with new alternator.

For your car, Jeep, not sure which one is good.
You just have to experiment, hopefully, somebody with your type of car chime in.
Interestingly, my '08 CTS came with Mitsubishi belts. I was so surprised! Replaced them with Dayco a few years ago and no issues.

Mitsuboshi makes belts, not Mitsubishi the auto manufacturer.

What is the cost delta between a OEM MOPAR belt vs aftermarket? I tend to whenever possible stick with a OEM replacement. Many of the aftermarket belt brands tend to shrink SKU's and will have either loose or tighter length tolerances with a just good enough attitude that it fits.

Last edited:
Ran Dayco with the OE tensioner/pulley on my liberty for like 70-80k, no issues, then at like 170k had the tensioner go bad, put on a Gates belt and tensioner, been solid another 40k. I'd just make sure you get the same length. With the liberty, there's two different sized pulleys on the tensioners so you just have to make sure you get the belt matched for that tensioner.
Bingo.

The tensioners & belts I find last the longest & are trouble free are Mopar #53030958AG (two 76mm pulleys) & Mopar #5135745AA (this has a textured backing that doesn't glaze on the smooth non grooved pulley surfaces).

Above info for a '03 Liberty v6 with AC.

The one that looks and sized identical to the OEM, some aftermarket once in a while has different dimension or vendors while others are OEM.

I used MOCA drive belts on my Timing belt change last year in my Toyota. Seem to be holding up well.

Back