Which push mower should I purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you could say I own a TORO too, we bought it to keep at my MILs, her only requirement was that it was a TORO. I campaigned pretty hard for a Honda but...

It has a Briggs (needed it quick and no one had one with a Honda in stock) and was considerably cheaper than a Honda Mower with a 190. That is pretty much the only advantage. It does seem to be well built and does a good job. I could find no indication that it was made by MTD. No problems yet (It is less than a year old).

I don’t care for the personal pace, I much prefer the Honda’s drive but that is really to only thing that I outright don’t like about it. The Honda mulches much finer.

If I couldn’t get a Honda, likely TORO would be my choice.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
Honda mower. 'Nuff said.

Until the automatic choke stays closed all the time and then people like the OP are clueless.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Between a Cub Cadet and Troy Built with a Honda engine, which one would you pick and why? Both have same size deck and are within $10 of each other.

There were three I looked at-- both of yours listed above and then I found this one below. I purchased it instead. Starts on first pull - runs as well as my Honda 163cc and very easy to push thru tall grass..... noticeably easier than the Honda. I believe I paid $239.

The only change I made with this new Yard Machine is I opted for my own 15oz of 15W-40 oil instead of the oil that was in the new lawnmower box when I unpacked it.... that being straight 30W. Here in Michigan, I run 15W-40 when it;s new - then switch to 5W-40 synthetic when the lawmower becomes a year-old.

I have a small lawn and change the synthetic every two years.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Yard-Machines...A9729/205640957

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back