Which oil filter for F-150 2.7 Ecoboost? Wix WL 10050 or SuperTech MP 11955?

Which is your preference and why? Oil and filter change interval will be around 6,000 miles.

I likely will run Quaker State Ultimate Protection full synthetic 5W-30 as far as the oil.

WL10050 wix.jpg

super tech 2.7.jpg

Easily the supertech because it's the same thing but for a third of the price and 6k is conservative for that filter, you could easily leave it on for one more go. I do more than double on filters with seemingly less media than that.

I buy the Motorcraft/Wix since it's factory spec. for the manufacturer. I've never had an issue with Motorcraft filters. I do not think that Ford would risk their reputation on a cheap filter.

Me being me i'd switch to quaker state 5w-40. I'm using that instead of 0w-20 in my 2021 gm truck. Still under both warranties.

I run FRAM Endurance in mine (FE-11955). Synthetic media with mesh backing along with great efficiency.

I run FRAM Endurance in mine (FE-11955). Synthetic media with mesh backing along with great efficiency.
I can’t see paying that sort of money for a cartridge type filter. The Super Tech MP11955 has an E-Core center tube and that’s good enough for me.

I can’t see paying that sort of money for a cartridge type filter. The Super Tech MP11955 has an E-Core center tube and that’s good enough for me.
Would you pay that for a spin-on? Guess I am not following the analogy. For me (and not saying that you need to) but given this is a HO twin turbocharged engine in a 70K vehicle, I want the highest efficiency air and oil filter I can find that is also well constructed. The Endurance is the old Ultra and meets those requirements.

I have not landed on an air filter yet, but I have a bit of time before I need to decide.

Would you pay that for a spin-on? Guess I am not following the analogy. For me (and not saying that you need to) but given this is a HO twin turbocharged engine in a 70K vehicle, I want the highest efficiency air and oil filter I can find that is also well constructed. The Endurance is the old Ultra and meets those requirements.

I have not landed on an air filter yet, but I have a bit of time before I need to decide.
For a spin on filter? No, I wouldn’t. I would probably choose any premium Champion Labs made oil filter. Most members here have seen the dissected Super Tech, Champ XL, and AC/Delco oil filters. Their construction is consistently better than the FRAM oil filters.
The WIX/NAPA GOLD air filters have deeper pleats than the Motorcraft. I use NAPA GOLD air filters.
I don’t do extended oil drains or use an oil filter through two or three oil changes. One oil change = fresh oil + fresh filter.

For a spin on filter? No, I wouldn’t. I would probably choose any premium Champion Labs made oil filter. Most members here have seen the dissected Super Tech, Champ XL, and AC/Delco oil filters. Their construction is consistently better than the FRAM oil filters.
The WIX/NAPA GOLD air filters have deeper pleats than the Motorcraft. I use NAPA GOLD air filters.
I don’t do extended oil drains or use an oil filter through two or three oil changes. One oil change = fresh oil + fresh filter.
Since when and what model of FRAM? I am not a FRAM shill, but from the Tough Guard filter line and up none of the brands you mentioned are constructed better nor do they have higher efficiency ratings and I have cut open more than one of those brands (which I am assuming is the "testing methodology" being applied here).

Anyway...I understand your choice, no harm no foul there, but (for me) higher efficiency rules...

Fram Edurance would me my pick for filtration/ quality. However there's nothing wrong with using a standard cellulose option and saving a few bucks. Either one will perform well for 6k mile OCI.

Back