Which band is your favorite for their lyrics?

Motionless In White.
I’ve been going through some life stuff (as everyone does), and this band just hits the spot with lyrics for me.

Frank Zappa

Weird Al Yankovic

for AL to truly see his Genius... look past the Parodies... My Favorite to demonstrate is a Pastiche in the style of Bob Dylan, Called "Bob"
every line is a Palindrome ( the same Backwards and Forwards) and it all still works in the rhyme scheme...

Steely Dan from Babylon Sisters, “Turn that jungle music down, just until we’re outa town.” I can say that about a lot of things and jungle music can be applied to anything, even the news. I can listen to them for days over and over.

Joe Jackson, Elvis, Tears for Fears, Faith No More.
FYI, Elvis never wrote a song. He was given co-writing credit on many songs because his label demanded songwriters give up 50% of the credit before Presley would record it.

Blue Oyster Cult. Once you get beyond the 2 or 3 songs everyone knows, they have a lot of material which reveals a very twisted and odd sense of humor.
Really quite amusing. I agree. Was not until much later people even figured out some of the stuff.

Rush is good.

But for the time, The Beatles. For sure.

Steely Dan. Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll.

Genesis - amazing. Read all the words from Trick of the Tale songs.

Petty easy with Robert Hunter and John Barlow, The Grateful Dead.

It’s amazing this many years later, they lack mainstream popularity (ticket sales dries that but that’s a topic in itself) which genuinely suits me. 🙂

I could be wrong but when songs have 9, 11, more verses, intros, outros, choruses, the typical music fan is not interested. It’s too much and too long. 😂

Petty easy with Robert Hunter and John Barlow, The Grateful Dead.

It’s amazing this many years later, they lack mainstream popularity (ticket sales dries that but that’s a topic in itself) which genuinely suits me. 🙂

I could be wrong but when songs have 9, 11, more verses, intros, outros, choruses, the typical music fan is not interested. It’s too much and too long. 😂
I admit they have some superb lyrics. Great ballads simple solid messages

Blue Oyster Cult. Once you get beyond the 2 or 3 songs everyone knows, they have a lot of material which reveals a very twisted and odd sense of humor.
What, Like Joan Crawford has risen from the Grave??? I Loved BOC

Back