*sigh* First almost fist fight traffic incident

But crime is definitely up in SOME cities. Worse than ever in some.

Seattle is just a nasty place with some kind of mythical false reputation. I'm pretty sure Detroit, Chicago, SF, etc have similar trends more recently with the whole coddling of criminals.

I found out about this site.

It’s just one reference point but still a bit shocking. Location is everything.

On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the safest,

Seattle gets a 1.

Tacoma gets a 0.

Doesn’t get any worse than that.

He dbl parked and blocked the street completely and kept trying to inch over every 5 feet instead of just getting out of the way. IE driving down the street and park where it was clear. Like literally 30 feet from where the altercation happened and after I left he threw it reverse backed down the street where he originally wanted to stop and block traffic again.

I guess I included it to be honest with myself about yes it could have went wrong. Anyone who openly dbl parks in traffic is just a flat out inconsiderate jackhole who is so self important that they figure the rest of society needs to stop just for them. My opinion of course and with the influx of NY/NJ fools it's gotten far worse over the last year as well as crime.
Yeah, we used to hitch all over the place and yes, again, you would see girls hitching all over the place. Thing is, the USA is a much safer place now than decades ago. You only feel different do to mass media. I posted my post above this one, you can do your own research. It's easy as heck on the internet. Literally takes minutes.
The problem is people need to turn off their news devices and live their lives. Mass media controls what you and most American think right down to manipulating how we vote.

The thing is the information, real facts are right there for every American to look up for themselves but its just boring to them and they rather listen to the cute pop tart news reporter spin every fact of life in America to make news more enticing and get that ADVERTISING revenue.

I wonder if you are aware of this fact. (I grew up in the 70s by the way) Thing is back then you didnt have a smart phone to tell you every bad thing that happened to every hitch hiking teenager because the news didnt inflate it out of proportion.
Reading this thread, I can tell even members in here think violent crime is out of control. Mass Media, Social Media is turning us into drones of the elite. Oh, but if you knew the facts, would you pay attention to the news media? No, it would cost them a fortune in lost income, heck they would go out of business, shareholders on Wall Street would be in a panic!

Im not debating anyone, there is no debate, just facts.

View attachment 159361

I mean how many sources can one post, the information is out there.

I can post this stuff all day long! ;)
View attachment 159364View attachment 159363
I used to walk to the Merrick road and wantagh Pkwy exit and hitch to jones beach

This is just shameful behavior - sadly it’s pervasive/normalized in our country among “adults.” Hopefully no children witnessed this. This wasn’t a life and death situation (although you could have made it one). You should probably stop carrying your firearm and seek anger management.

Last edited:
Folks, I’ve unlocked this.

We can discuss the topic, but please avoid political discussions, discussions on crime, various cities, and other subjects that are both off topic and likely to result in moderator intervention.

Thank you in advance.

I can't figure out why getting flipped off by someone you don't know and will never see again is triggering.

I used to walk to the Merrick road and wantagh Pkwy exit and hitch to jones beach
I have a vague memory of the same thing or at Sunrise Highway unless we cut through the “woods” where we lived and started there.
Great times back then! Man it was wild and dare I say free?

Before I was old enough for those hitching times we would fish in Mill Pond.
Get this at one time we would crawl down that smallish waterfall where the lake water ran under Merrick Road and ultimately into the canal on the other side, there used to be schools of Whiting or something in there. The water was about waist high I think.
Someone would most likely call a rescue squad if you did that today.

There was another lake closer to home called Forest City Lake, it was our go to teen hangout. Even then for no other reason then “because” as younger kids possibly 6th grade, we would walk through the huge parkway road street pipes that emptied into the lake, that was sick and went so far one time that exhaust fumes got to us, never did that again!

I think most all those lakes now are much dryer do to the lower ground water table when Nassau County went from cesspools to sewers.

Last edited:
I can't figure out why getting flipped off by someone you don't know and will never see again is triggering.
The idiocy of leading up to it, wasting my time, the audacity to think in someway he was in the right. I mean there is no right to it but in the moment there are the justifications.

It sounds like he had something to do on that block and was looking for a place to park but there weren't any. Traffic in general is a waste of time but you can't take it personally.

I have a vague memory of the same thing or at Sunrise Highway unless we cut through the “woods” where we lived and started there.
Great times back then! Man it was wild and dare I say free?

Before I was old enough for those hitching times we would fish in Mill Pond.
Get this at one time we would crawl down that smallish waterfall where the lake water ran under Merrick Road and ultimately into the canal on the other side, there used to be schools of Whiting or something in there.
Someone would most likely call a rescue squad if you did that today!

There was another lake closer to home called Forest City Lake, it was our go to teen hangout. Even then fir no other reason then “because” as younger kids we would walk through the huge parkway road street pipes that emptied into the lake, that was sick and went so far one time and exhaust fumes got to us, never did that again!

I think most all those lakes now are must dryer do to the lower ground water table when Nassau County went from cesspools to sewers.
I know them all well. I used to take my bicycle to the McDonald's over there it was the only one close to my house. There was no corporate fast food in Bellmore just pizza.

I'm upset with myself more than anything else but I guess my switch flipped today. Gun was in the truck the whole time within arms reach.

*Sigh* Don't be me, just let it go.
I think that it is worthy to note that the O.P. is being honest and admitting fault. At least he is cognizant of his actions, which is more than we can say about MANY people. But yes, the gun comment is bothersome to me. Maybe high schools should start teaching coping and deescalation techniques in today's society. Just last night I allowed myself to get hooked into watching short reels/videos of blatant shop lifters filling garbage bags of goods and waltzing out the door and I actually started to feel myself get anxious about it. Like, I want to smash those people into the earth.......not good.

Unreal that a gun is even mentioned for a simple "I'm angry that someone is slowing down my day." situation. You are why I smile and wave as much as I can. I'll be shot for getting out of my car to ask you why you are being such a jerk because I "threatened" you.

Someone backing up (away from a clear road to exit the scene) then leaving thier car in the middle of the street to get out and walk back toward another driver is not a "threat," its an actual threat. A reasonable person would conclude that action has violent intent. The OP described himself as having violent intentions at that moment.

Last edited:
Unreal that a gun is even mentioned for a simple "I'm angry that someone is slowing down my day." situation. You are why I smile and wave as much as I can. I'll be shot for getting out of my car to ask you why you are being such a jerk because I "threatened" you.
Again being honest about it. I felt if I left that out I wasn't being honest about what really could have happened and why it wasn't a good idea in the end.

Someone backing up (away from a clear road to exit the scene) then leaving thier car in the middle of the street to get out and walk back toward another driver is not a "threat," its an actual threat. A reasonable person would conclude that action has violent intent. The OP described himself as having violent intentions at that moment.
That's fair, anger was the push there for just the audacity of him thinking it was somehow not his own doing. Like I should be grateful he was impeding traffic which consequently after I left there were 2 cars behind him who also couldn't get by.

Again being honest about it. I felt if I left that out I wasn't being honest about what really could have happened and why it wasn't a good idea in the end.
I dont think anyone thinks you're a bad guy and in forums sometimes what is typed is sometimes taken the wrong way.

I do think though, it sounded alarming that having a gun in your car was on your mind enough to even type it in here. I found that alarming myself. You must have really been angry over this minor incident that the thought even came to your mind at all.

We understand you realized it wasnt a good idea in the end. I think that is what most are saying in here, been so upset that you mentioned a gun in the car. A gun isnt for settling confrontations when you could have simply "walked away" A gun is to protect your life and your family in an unprovoked attack in which you think you or your families life is in eminent danger of serious physical harm or death and there is no escape route.

Even if fully justified as I typed. It will still ruin your life, maybe bankrupt you in legal bills but you will still be alive.

Last edited:
Back