*sigh* First almost fist fight traffic incident

No people who shoot first with gun in hand give us a bad name for cutting in line at the fuel pump. I mentioned it only to be honest with myself about why I shouldn't have lost my cool. It was not visible but within reach if I needed it. He had no idea I had one.

Edit: I guess, typing it out makes it hit home more why it was all a bad situation and again being honest about the situation is key.
I appreciate your honesty. I think this is something all of us, including you, can learn from.

I dislike some of the judging, but I suppose it’s to be expected.

Not happy about how it went down but I saw red after I repeatedly saying you are blocking the street and I refuse to damage my truck for you.

Long story short Honda Odyssey blocking a one-way street lined with parked cars on both sides. He repeatedly tried to move down the street where I still couldn't have fit.

I finally inched by with maybe an inch on each side and gave him some horn for being an inconsiderate idiot.

I got the bird in response and in a fit of rage threw the truck in reverse tires squealing and all.

Got out and exchanged many colorful metaphors and baiting each other to make the first move. Had I not had dinner in the car I would have easily overpowered his 60yr old self. Neighbors tried to defuse but I wasn't having it and finally told him where to stick his dumb Walmart led light bars as well as many other things.

I'm upset with myself more than anything else but I guess my switch flipped today. Gun was in the truck the whole time within arms reach.

*Sigh* Don't be me, just let it go.
Back in the old days (as late as 2007) I liked to fight. I look back and am glad I never seriously injured anyone nor got killed. Either would have happened in this day and age.

As late as 2015 I got into an altercation and took the bait. Woman vaped into my then 1 1/2 yo’s stroller. My wife said don’t do that and the woman did it again. So I got in her face and she said what are you gonna do? I have an iPhone and began a video. I shoved her gently and said back off. She goes I got it on film do it again! This time I shoved her hard. And I looked at her bf how about you? Stood there like he was high on meth. So I got the Sony camcorder out and said look, I have a camera too.

Here’s my point. Since that time, there are so many incidents on tv where people have been killed in situations like the above. And somehow, it wasn’t as satisfying as it would have been when I was 18, at which I truly enjoyed confrontations. I got my a** kicked on Bruckner Blvd in the Bronx by 5 kids. I told myself from then on I’d welcome these incidents. But not today. My .02

And I really get it. Yesterday a usps van did exactly what you said. I really didn’t get mad. The person was at their job and wasn’t too bright nor considerate, but what the hey

This and leave. Nothing good can ever come from engaging the other person. Yeah, they made you angry, but so what? You'll calm down after a couple minutes and you'll still be alive.
I agree. But when I was 18 up to about 23 I did the complete opposite and 1x got my a** kicked 5 on 1

Can't understand why anyone would post this event to begin with. It's out there in the internet forever. IMO some things should be dealt with and be kept private. Generational thinking probably.
There are 3 pages of responses, so seems like a post that generated a fair amount of interest. there's nothing wrong with sharing, venting, etc.

It's never worth it. Plus in today's world you'll likely get shot.
Todays world is no different than yesterdays world with one exception. The murder rate is lower than it was over 50 years ago.
IN fact even with the 2020 peak because of the turmoil and covid it was still the lowest point in decades even with that peak.

If someone thinks about it. Why is it then and what has changed in the last two decades to make Americans think we are in a worse place than 2 decades ago?
Answer = The internet, 24 hours news on every electronic device that highlights day in and day out all the bad things in the world that have always been there and you never knew, amplified every single day to keep you tuned in, crime and misery sells advertising.
You used to get a daily newspaper one time each day, todays news story was gone the next day. Maybe some people also watched the 20 minutes of news at night on TV after work.
Now it's turned into a soap opera for days or weeks at a time. (advertising revenue)
Even when there isnt something juicy, something will be made to sound juicy. Americans love misery. The world loves to hear misery. It makes them feel better than the next person.

I wonder, even in this forum how many people knew the murder rate, even with the 2020 jump is at one of the lowest points in the last 50 years.
I wonder how many people know that well over half of all gun deaths are suicide.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 10.24.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Todays world is no different than yesterdays world with one exception. The murder rate is lower than it was over 50 years ago.
IN fact even with the 2020 peak because of the turmoil and covid it was still the lowest point in decades even with that peak.

If someone thinks about it. Why is it then and what has changed in the last two decades to make Americans think we are in a worse place than 2 decades ago?
Answer = The internet, 24 hours news on every electronic device that highlights day in and day out all the bad things in the world that have always been there and you never knew, amplified every single day to keep you tuned in, crime and misery sells advertising.
You used to get a daily newspaper one time each day, todays news story was gone the next day. Maybe some people also watched the 20 minutes of news at night on TV after work.
Now it's turned into a soap opera for days or weeks at a time. (advertising revenue)
Even when there isnt something juicy, something will be made to sound juicy. Americans love misery. The world loves to hear misery. It makes them feel better than the next person.

I wonder, even in this forum how many people knew the murder rate, even with the 2020 jump is at one of the lowest points in the last 50 years.
View attachment 159359

50 years ago I would ride a bus in NYC …

View attachment 159359
How can the world not be different? We routinely were willing to fight in the 80's. In Marty Robbins' tunes people drew their weapons over women. I went to college and routinely picked up hitchhikers, that were ladies. Obviously, if I had a daughter, today, I would never allow her to do it. She'd be totally safe with harmless guys like me, but it's the non harmless ones I'd worry about. I think that today, society is different. I hitched myself with unknown people from upstate NY to Miami FL. I doubt I'd do that today, nor let my son do it.

50 years ago I would ride a bus in NYC …
I used to ride a bus all the time in the early 90's, and it was getting unruly. I saw a pattern. Buy a ticket, and can't find any seat to sit down upon. Hmmm....it isn't as if the bus co. oversold. Then, I noticed this for real. If I got a seat early, anytime a woman boarded, she'd b-line and sit next to me, even when there were many other seats available.

My wife rode the bus from Phila to NYC daily in 2008, when she we got married and she still worked in Manhattan.

How can the world not be different? We routinely were willing to fight in the 80's. In Marty Robbins' tunes people drew their weapons over women. I went to college and routinely picked up hitchhikers, that were ladies. Obviously, if I had a daughter, today, I would never allow her to do it. She'd be totally safe with harmless guys like me, but it's the non harmless ones I'd worry about. I think that today, society is different. I hitched myself with unknown people from upstate NY to Miami FL. I doubt I'd do that today, nor let my son do it.
Yeah, we used to hitch all over the place and yes, again, you would see girls hitching all over the place. Thing is, the USA is a much safer place now than decades ago. You only feel different do to mass media. I posted my post above this one, you can do your own research. It's easy as heck on the internet. Literally takes minutes.
The problem is people need to turn off their news devices and live their lives. Mass media controls what you and most American think right down to manipulating how we vote.

The thing is the information, real facts are right there for every American to look up for themselves but its just boring to them and they rather listen to the cute pop tart news reporter spin every fact of life in America to make news more enticing and get that ADVERTISING revenue.

I wonder if you are aware of this fact. (I grew up in the 70s by the way) Thing is back then you didnt have a smart phone to tell you every bad thing that happened to every hitch hiking teenager because the news didnt inflate it out of proportion.
Reading this thread, I can tell even members in here think violent crime is out of control. Mass Media, Social Media is turning us into drones of the elite. Oh, but if you knew the facts, would you pay attention to the news media? No, it would cost them a fortune in lost income, heck they would go out of business, shareholders on Wall Street would be in a panic!

Im not debating anyone, there is no debate, just facts.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 10.50.14 AM.png

I mean how many sources can one post, the information is out there.

I can post this stuff all day long! ;)
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 11.01.58 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 10.58.13 AM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder how many people know that well over half of all gun deaths are suicide.

View attachment 159359
Valid point.

1685892700996.jpg

Yeah, we used to hitch all over the place and yes, again, you would see girls hitching all over the place. Thing is, the USA is a much safer place now than decades ago. You only feel different do to mass media. I posted my post above this one, you can do your own research. It's easy as heck on the internet. Literally takes minutes.
The problem is people need to turn off their news devices and live their lives. Mass media controls what you and most American think right down to manipulating how we vote.

The thing is the information, real facts are right there for every American to look up for themselves but its just boring to them and they rather listen to the cute pop tart news reporter spin every fact of life in America to make news more enticing and get that ADVERTISING revenue.

I wonder if you are aware of this fact. (I grew up in the 70s by the way) Thing is back then you didnt have a smart phone to tell you every bad thing that happened to every hitch hiking teenager because the news didnt inflate it out of proportion.
Reading this thread, I can tell even members in here think violent crime is out of control. Mass Media, Social Media is turning us into drones of the elite. Oh, but if you knew the facts, would you pay attention to the news media? No, it would cost them a fortune in lost income, heck they would go out of business, shareholders on Wall Street would be in a panic!

Im not debating anyone, there is no debate, just facts.

View attachment 159361

I mean how many sources can one post, the information is out there.

I can post this stuff all day long! ;)
View attachment 159364View attachment 159363
But crime is definitely up in SOME cities. Worse than ever in some.

Seattle is just a nasty place with some kind of mythical false reputation. I'm pretty sure Detroit, Chicago, SF, etc have similar trends more recently with the whole coddling of criminals.

Sounds you were hangry and not having great day. You screwed up and know it, you'll only be a idiot if you do it twice. Next time call the cops when someone is blocking a street, if a fire truck or ambulance needs to go through not good!

I've once been told "Revenge is only worth so much". Basically, one has to think logically about our own actions before we act irrational.

It could've went really bad for you or him and been an even worse situation. I know it's easier said than done but next time assert your position w/o too much drama & keep going. Them giving you the bird shouldn't have triggered you. I get the bird all the time b/c I try to drive the speed limit, or a bit slower, with my RV camper loaded but people still expect me to put me & my wife in danger so they can "Speed". Not worth it. As my Dad always told me... "If they're giving me a hard time they're giving someone else a break".

But crime is definitely up in SOME cities. Worse than ever in some.

Seattle is just a nasty place with some kind of mythical false reputation. I'm pretty sure Detroit, Chicago, SF, etc have similar trends more recently with the whole coddling of criminals.
Seattle, and most of King/Pierce county have rampant crime. It's terrible. Much of the crime is not even being reported.

Folks, please avoid the crime referendum. It’s not germane to the OP post, which was about blocking traffic and anger.

Crime discussions usually turn into political discussions and result in a thread lock.

Back