Where do you grocery shop?

Trader Joe's, mom and pop Vietnamese places nearby, Costco, Safeway, Target, Walmart Neighborhood Store, 99 Ranch, etc. We shop based on what we need and cost / discount. It only takes me 5 mins to get to Trader Joe's, Safeway, Target, and the local Vietnamese place and about 10 mins to Costco and 99 Ranch, so we don't buy large quantities.

Trader Joe's, mom and pop Vietnamese places nearby, Costco, Safeway, Target, Walmart Neighborhood Store, 99 Ranch, etc. We shop based on what we need and cost / discount. It only takes me 5 mins to get to Trader Joe's, Safeway, Target, and the local Vietnamese place and about 10 mins to Costco and 99 Ranch, so we don't buy large quantities.
At 99 Ranch, do you overfill the DIY takeout boxes by 300 percent as is common? After all, the price is based on the box size and not weight. What's another 9 inches to the skilled shopper? :eek:

At 99 Ranch, do you overfill the DIY takeout boxes by 300 percent as is common? After all, the price is based on the box size and not weight. What's another 9 inches to the skilled shopper? :eek:
I don't usually buy takeout there but when I do the lid has to be able to close, at least the tab has to touch each other.

1712003411087.jpg

ShopRite for our groceries there's two in my town local owner only grocery store around he has the market cornered but prices are good stores all new. Lidil also in our town I'll stop there in a pinch for milk maybe bread. Wife will hit trader Joe's once in awhile she likes a few things there. I'll go on a Sunday to Ivarone a local Italian market for meat and other Italian staples we love. Incredible Italian bread.

What is this "green grocer" you both speak of? I've heard the term but to my knowledge have never seen one. I tried googling Green Barn but the results didn't seem relevant.
It's a produce retail store. More of a British term, I guess. Some may have a butcher and/or a seafood section. Common here and usually Chinese or Mexican-run. There are also higher-end ones that have mostly produce but have also pretty much everything a supermarket might carry with fewer choices but their prices are usually high. That's offset by them being convenient;y located in close proximity to where you may live. Gus's Community Market is a local example. Their produce is fairly and competively priced but their other goods are overpriced. They have an old-fashioned storefront with produce on display outside.

Jungle Jim's (google it) once a week, since it is an outstanding place to buy wine and pretty much anything from anywhere and they also have excellent produce. Want a fresh Ostrich egg? You'd be in the right place.
Kroger once or twice a week on my way home from work, Meijer maybe 3-4X a month and Aldi maybe 2X a month.
We look for deals and someone always has them.

Mostly Shoprite.... Aldi often ....Trader Joe's occasionally when we're near one....Walmart when stuck.....Costco for coffee, pet food, razor blades etc...and other sale items.

When in Florida it's Publix and Costco but I do find Publix expensive since they have little competition....I do like their 'buy one get one free' beer specials.

I have noticed that Aldi charges different prices in different zip codes apparently based on income levels in the area.....I find this to be another form of 'taxation'.

This is a great question.

Seems after the pandemic Costco has been a place we go significantly more. Also I can go at lunch and I have a cooler and ice packs in the car. No need to bring items into the office to refrigerate.

Our shopping at our pre pandemic go to, Giant, is pretty much gone.

I go to ACME to pick up U deals. Example 1 gal spring water is $0.89 this month. Most places are $1.29+.

Lastly Shop Rite. It’s further away but we have a new one and sometimes there are good deals.

Harris Teeter and Food Lion.

Within 3 miles of me though we have …. Publix, Trader Joe’s, Fresh Market, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Earthfare, Target, and Walmart grocery store…

8 stores… No reason not to be able to find something on a good sale around here.

Fry's for groceries
Usually Costco for bulk. Sometimes Sam's Club.
Occasionally Aldi or Walmart, they have the best prices
Rarely Safeway, I'm not a billionaire like @dishdude 🤣

I shop at a bunch of stores. I go to Costco a lot more than I should. The prices are only OK for a lot of stuff but it's very conveniently located for me and I go there for gas all the time. I try to hit Winco a lot as the prices are about the best around here. I also hit a restaurant supply store that has the best prices on meat and some kinds of produce. I also go to ethnic grocery stores for good prices on produce and items for Thai recipes and other Asian meals.

I rarely go to Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyers (a Kroger chain) and never go to Whole Paycheck.
Mostly WalMart (2 mi from house) and Aldi which is about 3 mi from the house along with 2-3 local family owned small chain stores
LoL! Whole Paycheck! Ha ha ha ha.... a friend of the wife long ago started calling that place "whole checkbook!"

We do mostly Shop Rite here in NJ. Prices are way better than the local Acme that is a mile away. Costco is a once a month ordeal for Coffee, paper products. Detergent, dishwasher detergent etc…

Back