What would your choice of a daily driver be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Mazda cx5; 2017 Mazda 6

2017 Honda Accord or 2017 Honda CRV

Depending on features and $$$

Last edited:
I'd be hard-pressed to find a better combination of practicality and fun than my M235i; it returns better than 26 mpg in my daily commute yet can run the quarter in the high twelves. The multiple driving modes make it a great long distance cruiser as well as a decent track day car. It's a fine junior GT car.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fir...2014-bmw-m235i/
Originally Posted By: MCompact

I'd be hard-pressed to find a better combination of practicality and fun than my M235i; it returns better than 26 mpg in my daily commute yet can run the quarter in the high twelves. The multiple driving modes make it a great long distance cruiser as well as a decent track day car. It's a fine junior GT car.
Meh....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
I'd find a new leftover 2017 Toyota Camry.
They are a comfortable,decent riding and driving sedan.
A decently equipped one can be had for This car presents a solid value proposition.

Yep.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fir...2014-bmw-m235i/

Meh....

I'm guessing that you haven't even sat in an F22- much less driven one. That said, if the game is "Dueling Road Tests"...

AUTOCAR December 2014- Best cars of 2014

Automobile Magazine January 2015- 2015 All Stars

Autoweek September 2014

CAR January 2014

Car and Driver November 2014- 2015 10 Best Cars

Evo July 2016

Top Gear January 2014

Yes, the reviews have been absolutely scathing...

For a daily drive, I want good fuel economy, good reliablity, easy to drive, easy to get parts, and something I can park in public and walk away from without being overly concerned about it.

Toyota Camry, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Crosstrek XV, Honda Accord, Honda CRV, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Rav4, Nissian X-Trail, Mazda 3, Mazda 6, Toyota HRV.

If I was doing more distance on rough dirt roads then something like a Isuzu MU-X
(Isuzu MU-X link)

Originally Posted By: SR5
MU-X Review for those who don't know the car.

I'd love to have one of those; I'd like to replace my Wrangler with a smaller SUV that has actual off-road ability.

MU-X Review for those who don't know the car.

I'd love to have one of those; I'd like to replace my Wrangler with a smaller SUV that has actual off-road ability.

Do you guys get the Isuzu D-Max (ute / pick-up) or MU-X (enclosed) in North America ?

They are known as a strong and tough vehicle.

Tesla Model S, P100D.

An extremely satisfying blend of quiet comfort, room, ultra responsive driving dynamics and outright brutal acceleration.

I'd probably choose aftermarket 20 inch wheels with wider, very high performance tires. A friend did this and it's amazing just how well that car corners.

unplugged-tesla-12.jpg

Do you guys get the Isuzu D-Max (ute / pick-up) or MU-X (enclosed) in North America ?

Nope. Isuzu pulled out of the US market in 2009.

My daily driver is a 2000 Ford Mustang GT. It isn't the most practical car for commuting as it only averages 20 mpg, but it merges onto I-95 no problem. If I had to buy a new car for a DD, it would be a Chevy Malibu for practicality, or my current Challenger R/T 6 speed for a fun drive but I just don't want to do econoboxes (like my previous Cruze) anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Nope. Isuzu pulled out of the US market in 2009.

OK, thanks.

For me it was easy. Chev Spark. 90% of my driving is into town on a rural road (5 miles). Calculated average after 16 K miles..38 mpg. cost $12.5K

Shopping this afternoon? A Buick LaCrosse with the 3.6L engine and a light-colored interior, or a Regal with the turbo and a light-colored interior. Since both of these are unicorns, at least around here (everything for sale close by has a black interior) . . .

. . . I'd consider a Chrysler 300 with a light-colored interior. (Possibly another fabulous beast.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back