Wrenching.

[Linked Image]

Sledding.

[Linked Image]

Drumming.

[Linked Image]

Mountain Biking.

[Linked Image]

That's about it. Not much time for anything else.

Well I thought Mad river was in play.... I drove right by there while on vacation in Vermont 5 years ago.

A very beautiful state there in Vermont. Would like to go back again.

Alright so I tried to upload this and apparently I couldn't so let's try this again. Here are some pics of my Weber collection (minus my 3 Smokey joes) and a cool vintage jack I plan on restoring later down the road.

2C0084CA-CAE2-4F71-8981-6C71381D02CB.jpeg

96695039-9B9A-4EDE-9437-83E63AE7F78A.jpeg

CA72A1EA-E170-40C6-BE2C-34B8EF657509.jpeg

35943C4A-BAA9-4C86-B91F-57EDE580A547.jpeg

890DA2E2-05E9-44D8-B913-981E85CC5685.jpeg

AF4B4E1E-F980-4EC9-8686-D7653561A4A3.jpeg

I play with my little train set. My big train set had 15,000 employees. This one only 500, well ,make that 501.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Nyogtha
My wife & I are globe-trotting scuba divers when time permits. It's been a while since our last dive trip.

I'm getting back into hunting and marksmanship again after a long hiatus.

I love to cook outdoors with multiple gas grills & smokers including a trailer mounter 24" diameter smoker.

Military history buff and (non-computer based) simulation and gaming.

You ever go to game conventions? You'd love GaryCon!

Did so back in the 80's, pre-wife. Not nearly so many available these days. Went to Nancon in Houston with friends the night before my wedding instead of the typical strip club routine. Most enjoyable for me was a session in Austin presided over by some of the instructors at Ft. Hood on what was a then ultra-modern NATO vs WARPAC scenario back in '87 or maybe '88.

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Sledding.

I forgot that, too, but our weather has not cooperated the last few years in the least.

From what I've been reading on weather forums and the like, this could be quite the winter, at least here in NY.

if I am not at home or at place of work, most likely one will find me in the park, gym or at the library

Originally Posted by bbhero
Is that the real Mickey Mantle rookie card????

If it is... Rather valuable.

Actually, it is not his "True RC". His true RC is actually his 1951 Bowman card. The card I have is commonly/mistakenly referred to as his RC but because it was his first Topps card, people also call it has RC.

Unfortunately, my copy has front side paper loss (lower right) so it reduces its value significantly. With the paper loss it is hard to judge what it is worth as many people will take a creased out card over a paper loss card.
My card, despite the paper loss, still presents itself fairly well so I would assume I can likely get between $5 and $8,000 dollars U.S. for it, maybe?

My Father, over 30+ years ago gave me a 148 1952 Topps cards but unfortunately, the Mickey Mantle was the worst one of the bunch. Despite that, and how popular (sought after) they are among hobbyists/collectors, I am more than pleased knowing that I own/have one.
cheers3.gif

Woodworking. Kayaking. Skiing (downhill).

Travel, I suppose. I've visited a lot of places, some in the context of work, some as destinations on their own.

And I read a lot.

A lot.

I've had many hobbies over the years. Car and home audio, RC planes and helicopters, motorcycles, cars, etc. I gave up the car audio stuff because it was damaging my hearing. I lost interest in flying RCs. I quit riding motorcycles because they are too dangerous these days in our society that can't refrain from using their cell phones while they're driving. My new (again) hobby will be my Corvette when I get it. I spend most of my time with my family as that is most important of all....

Originally Posted by grampi
I've had many hobbies over the years. Car and home audio, RC planes and helicopters, motorcycles, cars, etc. I gave up the car audio stuff because it was damaging my hearing. I lost interest in flying RCs. I quit riding motorcycles because they are too dangerous these days in our society that can't refrain from using their cell phones while they're driving. My new (again) hobby will be my Corvette when I get it. I spend most of my time with my family as that is most important of all....

Biggest reason right there why I don't have a street bike. Idiots who don't know how to drive, and more and more are put on the road each and every day, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back