What oil is currently in your TGDI engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They did it to me too. No biggie, it worked just fine. I've even gone with VWB by choice and the SFS drove flawlessly.
Currently running Valvoline Synthetic as seen in my signature.

There ya go Wemay. Hard to beat Valvoline Advanced full synthetic. Got that in the lady's Camry. Car runs quieter on that than anything else I've run it it. That's the only oil going in that 2.2L 98 Camry going forward.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
There ya go Wemay. Hard to beat Valvoline Advanced full synthetic. Got that in the lady's Camry. Car runs quieter on that than anything else I've run it it. That's the only oil going in that 2.2L 98 Camry going forward.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: bbhero

01.gif

The VAS is a top notch oil, no doubts. Besides running quiet, Valvoline has a reputation for keeping engines spotlessly clean.

Originally Posted By: btanchors
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
He's right. Lighter oils typically have problems in GDI w/fuel dilution and have a higher NOACK

Which property would be more predictive of resistance to LSPI - a higher flashpoint, or a lower NOACK? The reason I ask - Mobil won't say what the NOACK is of Mobil 1 Annual Protection 0W-20, but I note it has an unusually high Flashpoint - 242 degrees C, which equates to 467.6 degrees F. Isn't that unusually high for a Flashpoint for a PCMO in 0W-20 weight?
When the engine is running there is lots of oil mist/spray and combustion blow by in the engine crankcase I doubt the flash point or NOACK will make a difference in the real world. It seems better to have a viscosity cushion with fuel diluting engines as needed.

2017 Ford Focus ST 2.0L T-GDI

Currently Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 full synthetic with OEM MC FL-910S oil filter. Next oil change will be exactly the same.

Originally Posted By: wemay

They did it to me too. No biggie, it worked just fine. I've even gone with VWB by choice and the SFS drove flawlessly.
Currently running Valvoline Synthetic as seen in my signature.

I've since dumped the QSAD and put in the Castrol Magnatec--I wanted a syn in during the winter and wanted to try the Magnatec. So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back