What Oil Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Scotto:
The weird thing is that I can't stand olives themselves; I've tried every single one I can find and I just can't eat em......but I love olive oil!!
dunno.gif
fruit.gif

I don't like olives that are still in brine. I like to marinate them in an olive oil and wine or cider vineager, garlic and greek oregano. This is for black and kalamata and alphonso types. Greens are a little different in taste but, this marinade can be used too.

Hey Gang,

Has anyone found an American Domestic brand of Olive Oil, that is as good to eat as the imported kinds? I know we have to have some, but here in Michigan, I have never seen one.

How about out in California?

No dino vs synth arguments here. I like olive oil and olives of all sorts. Especially green ones marinated in gin mit a drop or 2 of dry vermouth.

Best and most nutritional cooking medium which is also totally neutral and comes with high smoke point as well as good dose of anti-oxidants is rice bran oil, Google it and you will see its huge benefits, it is not very popular yet in the west due to rice cultivation not being that heavy there as well as the already heavily protected corn and other oil mediums.

Usually Extra Virgin Olive oil for most cooking. I do have some vegtable oil for baking, and I get Peanut Oil when I deep fry turkeys for turkey day.

T

I was brought up in a neighborhood so bad that we had no virgin or extra virgin olive oil.

But promiscuous and extra promiscuous olive oil was available on every street corner.

Crisco. You can't beat a good hydrogenated oil of unknown origin to make sure your french fries are crispy.

I absolutely love Cottonseed for frying but it's hard to come by so Im forced to stick with Canola or Veggie (mix)

Olive most of the time :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back