Do You Make Homemade Chili Powder?

I may try cacao in a batch.

I have never used water as an ingredient in my chili. The thought had never crossed my mind.

I have also used Anaheim peppers. In fact, Anaheim was the main pepper in the original recipe. Over time, I have used substitutes when different peppers were not available in the local stores. Mexican groceries are plentiful here in Utah, so I have no problem finding most any variety of dried peppers. It gives me the opportunity to try a lot of different peppers.

I just checked my notes, and remembered that when Anaheim peppers are dried, they are called chili California. So I do have Anaheim in my blend.
Chew on a cacao nib then take a spoon full of Chili and see if it does something for you. If not skip it.
you can also try a 90 % dark chocolate bar, maybe melt a piece of it in a cup of red. A little bit easier and maybe a little bit different.

Somtimes when I am eating at a so-so Italian restaurant I'll take some Tuscan Zin or Chianti out of my glass and spoon some in the marinara and BINGO! All of the sudden it's all North End of Boston

A little bit of something appropriate can add a complexity that makes the taste buds happy.

Back