What kind of oil do you use?

Mobil 1 0W30 Full Synthetic High Mileage-Toyota 2GRFE
Supertech 5W30 Full Synthetic-5.7 Vortec

I have confidence using oil from any of the majors. M1 0w-40 would be what I would say is a great off the shelf oil available at Walmart Although I will say the others in the same tier are probably equal. i have never had an engine failure from the oil I chose.

Havoline pro ds 5w-30,Royal purple pcmo 5w-30,Cenex maxtron 5w-30,, in chevy trax,1.4 liter all were on sale at various times,,like to try someday Vavoline EP 5w-30,or Amsoil signature 0w-30

Havoline pro ds 5w-30,Royal purple pcmo 5w-30,Cenex maxtron 5w-30,, in chevy trax,1.4 liter all were on sale at various times,,like to try someday Vavoline EP 5w-30,or Amsoil signature 0w-30
I started using Havoline on my wife's Kia Soul which has/had some oil burning issues. Was going through about a quart every 1000-1500 miles. 500 miles into most recent oil change and no oil lost.

Top shelf/Boutique Syn
Major Brand Syn
Major Brand Blend
Major Brand Conventional
Private/Store brand oils

I usually buy major brand Syn oil for change and then a store brand Syn for top offs.

How about you?
For the past two years I've been running Mannol Extreme 5w40 in my bike and have no complaint.
I put it through some harsh working conditions and it's still good.
It will go in my other bikes and car too, oh, it also has a JASO MA2 rating, so that's fine.
In fact, I just ordered 2 x 20L containers to get the free shipping break on it. Works out at under €4 per litre doing that.

5w40 in everything. Keeps inventory down. I go through maybe 150 gallons a year, so nothing crazy.

Can't even remember all my vehicles and equipment. Probably approaching 40 engines now.

5w40 in everything. Keeps inventory down. I go through maybe 150 gallons a year, so nothing crazy.

Can't even remember all my vehicles and equipment. Probably approaching 40 engines now.
this explains why All Fleet oils are such a useful thing.You might not know what oil the equipment specifies but you do know what it is going to get. :)

After spending much time thinking about different oils I came to conclusion that you better off using cheapest oil that has latest API specs and change it twice as often than recommended by manual.

Back