What is this part called?

This is on the front bumper of my Volvo XC60. As you can see the one on the left is broken and needs replaced. It appears to be connected to something internally.
1709648135547.jpg

Eye hook cover as posted. Most vehicles shipped in from off-shore have them - there for tying the car down on the ship. Also make really handy tie off points if you have a roof rack.

1709649272545.jpg

That is the headlight washer.

Tow hook cover is lower down, on the right side, and allows an eye hook to be screwed into the front bumper frame.

I'm going with headlamp washer cover also. P/N 39821577 (using a 2017 XC60 first trim line that popped up).

I always questioned the effectiveness of a headlamp washer with no wiper.
My wife had a Saab 9/3 convertible that had little tiny wipers along with the squirters.

Here's the broken one. Any idea what I'm in for? can I just junkyard one?
1709649547128.jpg

My wife had a Saab 9/3 convertible that had little tiny wipers along with the squirters.
Well, I have three cars with the pop-out washers.

They work great.

I have three cars with the little wipers.

The tiny little wipers work well, until the blade goes bad, and they last a year, tops. Motors die on those, too, and they're very expensive.

The pop-out types work much better, and last a lot longer.

Great in cold areas where salt is deposited on the roads, great as in better than nothing.

I'm going with headlamp washer cover also. P/N 39821577 (using a 2017 XC60 first trim line that popped up).
I recall Volvo used to sell front bumpers and associated components already painted. Washer nozzles are commonly sold painted already for a few German makes as well IIRC. Call the dealer and see what they say, have your vin / paint code handy. Otherwise car-parts.com or ebay.

Back