Bumper protector for a car with rear cross traffic alert

My new 2023 Camry has Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA). I am looking for front and rear bumper cover protectors.

Due to RCTA, I can not use Bumper Bully type protectors because it blocks the sensors and they stop working. Does anyone know a type of protector that will work with such car?

Once a saw a cab with a pool noodle type bumper guard that left the sensor area free. They were tied to the wheel well. I don't know the brand or what they are called. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

My new 2023 Camry has Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA). I am looking for front and rear bumper cover protectors.

Due to RCTA, I can not use Bumper Bully type protectors because it blocks the sensors and they stop working. Does anyone know a type of protector that will work with such car?

Once a saw a cab with a pool noodle type bumper guard that left the sensor area free. They were tied to the wheel well. I don't know the brand or what they are called. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
With your vehicle being brand new you may have to go the dealership route. Not sure if weathertech has any oem options.

Im confused...

You don't drive with the bumper bully on so whether it covers the sensors is irrelevant...
I am confused too. Do you mean that I should put that bumper protector in the trunk every time I take out for a drive?
https://www.bumperbully.com/rear-bumper-protection/bumper-bully-black/ is the product I am referring to. If we are talking about the same products then I do not intend to put in the trunk every time I decide to drive. It stays dangling 24/7.

Please don't uglify a nice looking car. This is only meant for parking to ward off scratches from light taps. If someone hits you on the road, you're going to have more damage then this thing can prevent.
I can't tell you how much even this thought bothers me, but the thing is, I have to valet park at work. They park cars very very close to each other. There is already a paint chip on the door. Plus, I do not have more than a minute to leave the car, due to the queue of the cars waiting to be parked and a bus lane outside the entrance. So I am looking for a solution that can be left 24/7.

If the bumper guard operates using radio waves (radar) and there is no metal in it's construction, the RCTA will work properly.

These radars use very high frequencies which do significantly interact with plastic. The effect of the stock bumper cover is designed in.

If you're buying one that must be because you care how your car looks, and it looks ugly to drive with it deployed. I would think the thing flapping around while driving would scratch up the bumper.

Last edited:
Back