What is the worst vehicle you have owned and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that.
Originally Posted By: javacontour
The Mazda 626 in the 80's had vents that would oscillate back and forth so the conditioned air was distributed throughout the cabin.

Originally Posted By: zorobabel
Originally Posted By: carguy996
2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 2 door with the 2.4 twin cam 4cyl.... The round AC vents would spin with the fan any speed over 3 on the dial.
The only thing nice about the Grand Am I can say was the air conditioning was the coldest of any car I have ever owned.

I'm surprised this technology hasn't caught on, with the spinning vents feature, no wonder the AC was so cold.

smile.gif

My first car, a 1985 Buick Skyhawk 4-door.

Just bought it at the wrong 'point' without checking it out. Was just at the stage where everything that could go, did.

Soured me on GM vehicles though for the next 10 years.

That would be a tie between, all bought new; The extended warranty companies really lost out on these vehicles.
1993 S-10 Blazer 2 door
2000 S-10 Blazer 2 door (yea I know, I thought I give them another chance, I didn't think it could be as bad as the first one!)
1996 GMC 1500 extended cab

On all three of these vehicles, I knew the service adviser on a first name basis during the warranty period.
Everything from sudden pinion seal failures to sudden water pump failures, oil leaks, oil seals, Seat rails, CELs, EGR valves, you name it.
I have to admit, no issues with deep engine or transmission mechanicals.

Last edited:
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4, transmission is terrible, has been replaced once already, six recalls on this vehicle, has had two navigation radios replaced, rear drive shaft replaced due to bad carrier bearings. Has spent over twenty-five in dealer service since buying in October 2014.

1976 Pontiac Sunbird with manual 4 speed. Absolutely asthmatic, if I turned the A/C on I needed almost a quarter mile clearance to pull out on city streets - the manual transmission was no doubt better than the automatic for this though. It ate clutch throw-out bearings like potato chips, the red interior dash baked to black in Texas sun, the carb had a bizzare jacket with engine coolant I guess as an environmental thing to make sure fuel was vaporized but I saw many other similar GM makes have vapor lock issues in Texas heat with this design.

It was the epitome in my ownership experience of the things coming out of The Department of Faulty Engineering and Incredibly Dumb Design at The Large Detroit Car Company mentioned in Michael Nesmith's Elephant Parts.

When I was a wee lad I had many sh*tboxes. But they were old decrepit vehicles.
The only brand new vehicle I purchases was a VW JettaIII Gl.
It developed a nasty oil leak early on and supposedly had a 10/100mile power train warranty.
I fought but they would not cover it. I had the oil seals changed, valve cover gasket.
Finally was told it had a small crack somewhere in rear of engine block.
I changed the oil filter once in a great while but never the oil since it was always being refreshed.
Owned it for 13 years till a ten point buck did me the favor of totaling it for me.
lol.gif

You couldn't pay me to buy another VW but I've been happy with every vehicle since.

1996 BMW 520i. Before it had reached 100,000 miles there wasn't much that hadn't gone wrong - stuck lifters, engine oil consumption high, heavy power steering fluid leak, auto would not stay in top unless put into 'sport', front wheel bearings had to be replaced (can't replace just the bearing, have to replace the whole hub), all shocks had to be replaced, radiator too, 2 window regulators failed, the other 2 windows would open themselves without key in ignition, key would get stuck in ignition (handy when parking in public and leaving the vehicle!) etc etc. Had several MBs, great cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back