Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver

shocked.gif
i'm scared now, admins please spare me.

When you least expect it...expect it!!!
- Peter Brady

Originally Posted By: jbclem
if they would sell me some used oil cheap...they usually just gave it to me with a certain amusement and a few warnings. I would often stop on the way back for some more used oil, since it didn't last very long in this engine.

I have had several older vehicles that burned more than a quart every 100 miles. They always got fed a steady diet of used motor oil.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
How about 'recycled' oil?
laugh.gif

Depends on what your definition of 'recycled' is, as it pertains to motor oil.

Valvoline NextGen motor oil is 50% recycled content, and I've found it to be excellent oil. In fact, It seems to have just about the 'cleanest' appearance of any oil I've used - A nice, clear, light straw gold color.

Any properly recycled oil should work fine.. I say properly, because there are plenty of shysters out there selling what appears to be little more than used oil in a new bottle.. if that's what you meant by "'recycled'" then I agree with you.

.. but if you meant any recycled oil in general, then I have to disagree.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
The worst is Pennzsludge bees wax
crazy.gif

G-MAN banned my original 2006 account for even making a joke about that meme!

shocked.gif
i'm scared now, admins please spare me.
I miss my original username. My current one is so friggin stupid and asinine.
15.gif

RIP Thermactor

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Olas
The worst oil IMO is one that is expensive and mediocre, and increases valve train noise compared to every other oil tested.

To me that is M1 0w40.

Interesting, it has a big fan base here. I don't ever remember reading complaints about M1 0W40. Occasionally a complaint would pop up about their 5W30, but honestly this is a first for me seeing anyone complain about their 0W40.

Tried it, not a fan. Add me to the list of complainers about shearing.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

How do you know it sheared?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

How do you know it sheared?

I suspected it, engine sounded like it had 0W10 in there at the end of the interval, UOA proved it.

Last edited:
I suspected it, engine sounded like it had 0W10 in there at the end of the interval, UOA proved it.

I just asked because depending on whom you send the sample to I'm not sure how you know for sure the difference between fuel dilution and shearing.

15.gif

RIP Thermactor

But despite being banned you came back, that's what is important.

Seriously Uncle Dave there is a BP two miles west of me that sells some of that garbage oil. Interesting in that this gas station serves some very high end neighborhoods like Ford's Colony, Powhatan Secondary, and Green springs. This type of shenanigans is not just relegated to the "poor" areas of town. It can happen anywhere. Surprised me quite a bit because this generally is seen in far less affluent areas.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
15.gif

RIP Thermactor

But despite being banned you came back, that's what is important.

I came back to BITOG three years after my last post, which had been in 2006. The forum was still really lively in 09 so there I went, lol.

Not easy to get banned.
Ask me how I know and I have the PM from Helen to prove it.
Too bad my really witty reply to another member who had it coming got deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back