What is the Slipperiest gas-only SN Plus oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bbhero
Hey there man...

Yeah I find it a Napa store in my area...The store in Windsor near me has it routinely.

Thanks. I have a couple NAPA stores within 5-6 miles of me.

To be more clinical / scientific in helping Triple_Se7ven : What is the SAE / ASTM Automotive Spec for measuring a motor oil's friction reduction ? ... Is this the ASTM 4 - ball wear test ?

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
To be more clinical / scientific in helping Triple_Se7ven : What is the SAE / ASTM Automotive Spec for measuring a motor oil's friction reduction ? ... Is this the ASTM 4 - ball wear test ?

No, that test is designed to determine the effectiveness of EP additives, which is why there are only two versions, one applicable to greases, the other to gear oils.

Slip is the opposite of grip - Grip is a byproduct of friction - less friction = more slip - look for an oil that contains ws2 (tungsten disulfide) as the lowest COF oil additive known.
(Millers nano oil)

Originally Posted by Olas
Slip is the opposite of grip - Grip is a byproduct of friction - less friction = more slip - look for an oil that contains ws2 (tungsten disulfide) as the lowest COF oil additive known.
(Millers nano oil)

Originally Posted by Ravenol
RAVENOL Super Synthetik Öl SSL SAE 0W-40 utilizes the positive properties of tungsten to smooth the surface structure of the motor, reducing friction and wear, and significantly improving mechanical efficiency.

Seems Ravenol agrees with you.

Originally Posted by Olas
(Millers nano oil)

I think we have an answer finally. Thanks to mostly Olas and OVERKILL. World's most Slippery D1/G2 Oil.
It's Ravenol DXG SAE 5w30. Other viscosities may be available too.
https://www.ravenol.de/en/product-range/motor-oils-for-passenger-cars-1/ravenol-dxg-sae-5w-30/

Tri-nuclear molybdenum, tungsten and OFM (Organic Friction Modifiers) are used. A highly polar Group V base oil is used in this formula, which has good compatibility with the PAO used.

I'm scared to ask how much a quart or five quart jug is and if this is an anti-khrist to TGDI / GDI engines. Some oil guru here months ago mentioned those-type engines do not operate well long-term on Group IV and V gas oils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back