What is the newest oil you've purchased?

I bought a dinosaur, I win :LOL:
This? LOL

1715278945120.jpg

I was wondering what the newest/freshest oil that everyone has purchased or found in their travels. I just got 2x jugs of Valvoline European 5w30 dated for 7/8/2023 which is now 3 weeks old, the order was placed 7/24 and then delivered on 7/28. I ordered directly from Valvoline and was offering a promo for a free hat when purchasing a 5 qt jug of their oil. The hat is a cheapy but can't really expect much for being a free gift but something that I'll wear at work or when working on the vehicles. I noticed the pictures on Valvoline's website doesn't match the ones I received, the front and back labels are different, I know it doesn't really matter as it's just a marketing design change and more like how they make fast food look so appealing on television in comparison to what you're actually getting.

View attachment 169386

View attachment 169389
The last time I was in IL I got some oil that was less than an hour old. I had called Mary Jane at @High Performance Lubricants and was told she didn’t have any on the shelf, but they had all the materials on hand. I told her I would be there in about 90 minutes. When I arrived at HPL, they were just dropping the packing tape on my case.

I certainly don’t expect that kind of service from any vendor, but on that day HPL was able to pull it off! There have been several other times for my business orders that product was not on the shelf at the time of the order on say Tuesday, and halfway across the country on Thursday the stuff arrived at our plant. 👏👍🏻

Sinclair synthetic engine oil (pcmo) are formulated by warren distribution.much like most other group three base stock engine oil,,still decent stuff.

That is true but for us that no longer buy to stock up it doesn't mean much.
Nowadays I like to buy just before I need it. I may buy a bit extra but not hoard any.
I also don't keep cars long and the specs change often.
I do the same myself these days. I used to stock up when there were some really good promotions, but I have noticed that the retailers here in Southern Ontario will run good sales promos on the oils I use about once every three-four months. I change oil in the spring and fall normally and so I just start looking for good promotions about six weeks beforehand and I always get what I need. Between Walmart, Canadian Tire and oil producer coupons, I never really have a problem finding really good deals on oil as I need them and so I can always have fresh oil and a good price without taking up extra storage area. But for those who don’t see the promotions as often, I would not blame you one bit for some of the “hoarding“ tendencies that you might have 😎

Back