Genuine Mitsubishi Oil Filter - Experiences

I have a 2014 Mitsubishi. Had a horrible experience with an OE filter. First oil change the original filter was very difficult to get off, after than no more problems. I don't use them.

I have a 2014 Mitsubishi. Had a horrible experience with an OE filter. First oil change the original filter was very difficult to get off, after than no more problems. I don't use them.
Interesting.... my first experience was in 2018 with the factory fill on our V6. Now it's on our 2023, with a year of free oil changes. I am not confident on using these for an entire year
What do you use instead of OEM?

By using the "torque stopper" terminology I would imagine it is a Denso filter since Denso uses that terminology in their marketing as well.

I don't quite understand why someone would trust a company enough to buy their vehicle but then not trust their filtration is any good. If you can get the OE filters for a decent price I would not hesitate to use them.

Both my OE Hyndai filters and manual transmission drain plugs had to be destroyed to get off the first time.

What did you use for the next filters with good success?
It wasn't the filters. They just put them on too tight at the factory. Never had a problem with one I install hand tight and using my hands to take off. I have big hands.

Back