What do you guys think of the new Nissan 400z?

I would like to know where these LT V8 failures are. Sources? Outside of a few under warranty defects (they sell hundreds of thousands of 6.2 engines a year) i'm not seeing many.

It's more than the numbers on a dyno or a time slip, it is the driving sensation of the N/A V8. The TR-6060 manual transmission is the best. A turbo car just won't have the same response. A turbo automatic car even worse. A turbo automatic is just a fast car and that is somewhat fun but you still get whooped by a Tesla Model 3P. People have taken even the lowly MK7 Sportwagen/Alltrack into the 11s with enough mods.

Just for fun: Base Camaro LT1 with destination = 34995. Supra with destination $51985 so you have $16990 to mod a camaro.

That could be fully upgraded suspension, wheels, tires. Supercharger, heads, cam, tune, headers, exhaust. Probably at least 700whp. All on a easy to work on engine that has endless aftermarket support/upgrade options. If you had to have a track monster you'd be better off negotiating a Camaro ZL1 than building a base Camaro or a Supra. Just my opinion, for street driving, the N/A Camaro is the right amount of power and its torque/throttle response feels amazing.
I had a car with a 427. I am familiar with it. I've also had and driven turbo cars. Throttle response in a modern turbo vehicle is just fine.

I do prefer to row my own in a sports car, I do agree, but one cannot argue that its quicker anymore. Yes, the tr6060 is one of the nicest high power capable transmissions I've rowed.

It's not really fair comparing all this stuff by hp/dollar, as a used Ls1 car could be making 1000whp with the extra money you saved buying it, lol! My bet is that the supra is a much better car, overall.

Should I continue with the links?

Last edited:
Just for fun: Base Camaro LT1 with destination = 34995. Supra with destination $51985 so you have $16990 to mod a camaro.

That could be fully upgraded suspension, wheels, tires. Supercharger, heads, cam, tune, headers, exhaust. Probably at least 700whp. All on a easy to work on engine that has endless aftermarket support/upgrade options. If you had to have a track monster you'd be better off negotiating a Camaro ZL1 than building a base Camaro or a Supra. Just my opinion, for street driving, the N/A Camaro is the right amount of power and its torque/throttle response feels amazing.

$34995 for a base V8 camaro without TTL. Base Supra is $42,990 without TTL. I would love me a camaro (before the latest facelift) but different cars designed different folks.

B58 is tuned very linear as well. There's no hint of turbo lag anywhere surprisingly in any of their turbo cars in the past decade.

Reactions: Ws6
Any of them failing in 2018+ model years?
I didn't look that hard, but man, when you have issues like that, and like this...just why? I've owned 3 GM cars, an LT1, LS1, and LS7 vehicle, and man, I love GM. I really do. I love the people that work for GM. But the product right now just isn't one I'd own.

It is just a few examples of failure. Im guessing their failures are very rare now or at least as rare as most manufacturers. Try googling BMW engine failure. You would need days to read it all. Its engine after engine model after model. Its like they are engineered to be leased out and break just after warranty. A true statement of many advanced turbo engines these days.

I dont see many people swapping a BMW engine into a non BMW. Everything gets a GM V8 though. Shame, i really like the supra other than the engine choice.

$34995 for a base V8 camaro without TTL. Base Supra is $42,990 without TTL. I would love me a camaro (before the latest facelift) but different cars designed different folks.

B58 is tuned very linear as well. There's no hint of turbo lag anywhere surprisingly in any of their turbo cars in the past decade.
43k gets you the 4 cylinder model. That would just be silly.

It is just a few examples of failure. Im guessing their failures are very rare now or at least as rare as most manufacturers. Try googling BMW engine failure. You would need days to read it all. Its engine after engine model after model. Its like they are engineered to be leased out and break just after warranty. A true statement of many advanced turbo engines these days.

I dont see many people swapping a BMW engine into a non BMW. Everything gets a GM V8 though. Shame, i really like the supra other than the engine choice.
What ever became of the 90s era Toyota inline-6 turbo engine?

What ever became of the 90s era Toyota inline-6 turbo engine?
Legendary engine. Same with Nissan RB series. They simply gave up at Toyota and let BMW supply the broad design with a little Toyota oversight. They just don’t care enough about sports cars like they did in the glory 80s-90s era.
Nissan at least is still developing their own engines. The GTR is surprisingly durable for example. Perhaps the new Z will be really cool.

As someone with a rear-wheel-drive Nissan product myself that is a favorite of myself and @aquariuscsm ...

These Nissans and their eventual better Infiniti versions are exciting.

This one, if it evolves to more of a Q60S with a Red Sport engine and doesnt stay as a 370Z 2.0 I will be excited. It looks promising.

I want to see what Nissan can do with it and it better be more than a 350Z or 370Z. It has to be. First impressions I give it about a B.

Infiniti? More weight, longer wheelbase, add some forced induction, better car.

Gone, thankfully. Heavy cast iron block that needs a giant turbo and only became popularized via Fast & Furious.
The movies past the 3rd one aren't even that good. I'm done with Fast and Furious franchise.

I got a ticket racing to see the original 2001 movie in time. I thought I was cool.. that time in my life is over.

Nissan car had an honorable mention in the first movie, I think they were talking about either an RB25DETT or SR20DETT, this engine will dominate all if you just put about ?? into it. Unfortunately, he ended up getting blasted. :(

First of all, I'm just grateful this car exists at all and that Nissan is making it. Manual, RWD, Turbo, proper coupe.

I love everything but the rear end, but I think it might look better in person. Interior looks good,

For something that's like a baby GTR, it looks like a solid package. One of the few driver's cars left.

@OpposiYour link doesn't work.

Maybe I can add one?

^ Even they give a 6.5 out of 10 (so far.)

Wait until they make Infinitis out of it, I say again. These Boy Racers are just old.

Whatever happened to your Z, man. The one that got smashed. I know you have a Honda Accord I think the K24 now but what's up with the pristine Z car?
She's still sitting at my girlfriend's cousin's bodyshop. He has the new bumper, MAF sensor, and fan clutch for it, he's just taking his time fixing it for me. He's doing it in exchange for a case we did for him (someone tried to defraud him awhile back and we basically had to a bounty hunt and capture the guy). I'm ready to get her back!!:D

She's still sitting at my girlfriend's cousin's bodyshop. He has the new bumper, MAF sensor, and fan clutch for it, he's just taking his time fixing it for me. He's doing it in exchange for a case we did for him (someone tried to defraud him awhile back and we basically had to a bounty hunt and capture the guy). I'm ready to get her back!!:D
Sounds great!!! That MAF.. There is an "Inlet Air Temperature" too, separate from the MAF!

We should put ours side by side. I am confident we will.

Back