What do you buy for $50k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: philipp10
25 $2000 beaters....

Or 5,000 $10 Uber rides.

$50k isn't an unreasonable amount to spend on a vehicle today. A little more than the average new car price, but not by a considerable amount.

CTS-V, however new the money will buy. Then use the rest on mods.
C63S, with the 6.2. Just have to budget shop this since it seems regular maintenance will eat up the rest in a hurry.
G8 GXP, can get stick or auto, reasonably priced, lots of bolt ons for the entire car, plus mostly a sleeper.

My pick if price were not an object: E63S Estate, selenite grey with cross-spoke wheels. Debadge it and get a RENNtech tune. 773HP/778tq.
0-60 in 2.8 seconds, quarters around 10.8@130. About $135k with tune and all the goodies.
mercedes-benz-e-class-4-0-e63-amg-s-premium-estate-9g-tronic-4matic-5dr-start-stop-246432629-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: ammolab
Chevy SS Sedan. Last of the V8 4dr mussle cars. (Under $50K)

Right, but I dont find its interior classy. Subjective, I know.

I would have recommended the same, But with you being a European interior snob......Nothing else will do. With the exception of the "soft touch paint" garbage in some of the German makes, They do have the best looking & wearing interiors!

For this type of question, I usually go to auto trader, plug in $50,000, sort high $ to low and 20,000 max miles. Came up with:
2016 MB 740
2018 E300
2016 Audi S6 prestige
2014 Porsche Panamera

The Chevy SS is just the updated G8/Holden Commodore with magneto-rheological shocks and a much tamer nose and tail treatment. They are seriously awesome cars, but no more since Holden killed all native Australian production, where these beauties were crafted. Chevy even sold them at like 30% off sticker on the website before they were discontinued last year.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: biggusblockus
Audi S6 with the V8 4.0 twin turbo. Amazing engine and interior.

If you can find one CPO they are a fun and a decent value.

+1 more. Some Audi's are just flat out amazing to drive. No other brand has come close to putting as many smiles on my face
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I think this is a seriously sweet car! Plus it's rare. I've never seen one.
http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan

We had a black one on the lot at work forever, so I saw one everyday for a while, then one day it was finally gone. Nice car, but it only had die hard enthusiast appeal. A plain looking RWD GM car with a lot of engine is awesome, it just has a limited market these days.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: JLTD
How about a used RS5 for 40-something?

You sure you don't want a Camaro?
lol.gif

QUITE sure thank you.

A joke, of course. Referencing some clown from the last Audi RS5 thread.

As if the two cars were even in the same league.

Originally Posted By: miden851
economy is going south so save that $$$ for a rainy day

The economy is always "going south".

Nothing more sad than seeing an octogenarian finally driving their sports car, when they are too old to enjoy it
Might as well enjoy what you can, while you can!
thumbsup2.gif

Alfa Romeo Giulia. Take one out for a drive. It puts all other RWD/AWD saloons to a shame really.

Being an Alfa it will have its share of problems (as will the Germans), but real life reliability is decent. I had my share of Alfas ( not the Giulia) and they were not without problems, but not much different to the BMWs my friends had.

Just an idea.

4Runner TRD Pro.

Indestructible, if a little long in the tooth, and it probably wouldn't check the classy interior box.

So unbelievably capable in all aspects.

Last edited:
R32, 911, RS4, RS6, M3, M5, Supra, Skyline, etc etc your criteria leave so much leeway that it's very difficult to narrow down.

Build a stupid-fast race car for 30-40k and take a nice holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back