What ATF does my 2010 Corolla take? ws or t-iv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking in the owners manual of my 2010 toyota corolla with a 1.8 automatic, it is telling me it takes WS fluid when i called the dealer to get a price on the fluid they are telling it takes T-IV fluid? im assuming the fluid in the manual is correct no? the WS fluid should be whats in there? please let me know guys thank you very much

It takes the WS fluid and is not compatible with t-iv. 2008 was the last year t-iv was used in the Corolla.

Either that or they're trying to get rid of the old t-iv fluid. The Toyota dealer here also has Mag 1 atf for sale in their parts dept for $4 a quart. Not sure if they use it in place of the WS or the t-iv fluid.

It takes Maxlife
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What about using Maxlife in something that spec's t-iv?

Can one not purchase WS for some reason? If one can then why would one experiment with an another product rather than using what is recommended?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What about using Maxlife in something that spec's t-iv?

Can one not purchase WS for some reason? If one can then why would one experiment with an another product rather than using what is recommended?

Can one just answer the question.
smile.gif

Plus one never asked about WS. One asked about t-iv.

Last edited:
interesting that maxlife specs t-iv and ws (using some in my '07 corolla that specs t-iv) -- amsoil separates the two, to it's regular atf fluid and also to it's "fuel-efficient" atf

You will find that there is a large difference in Maxlife vs. t-iv visc. Because of this I elected to not use it even though most have reported that Maxlife has been working just fine.

Castrol Transmax Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission
Fluid is closer in visc. to T-IV

Last edited:
I have used Maxlife on 3 toyota's - all being driven over 100,000kms with flawless shifts. The OEM spec was WS.
FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back