What are you working on today?

Today's to-do list is setting up an E2 roundbar sway control hitch for the work-wife and her new (to her) travel trailer on her 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn. By the time I drag out of bed after working all night, that will be just about all I'll be able to accomplish today I reckon. Older I get the less I can just grind it out on little sleep.

Yesterday, installed the drums on the 89 F-150 and adjusted and bled brakes.

Started a total front end rebuild on a 1966 Ford Mustang. Upper and lower control arms, sway bar bushings and links, coil spring mounts, strut rod bushings, shocks etc. Left for the day fighting the left front coil spring.

Water pump .. at 103k. Guess it’s Chevy quality.
IMG_2748.jpeg

Today's to-do list is setting up an E2 roundbar sway control hitch for the work-wife and her new (to her) travel trailer on her 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn. By the time I drag out of bed after working all night, that will be just about all I'll be able to accomplish today I reckon. Older I get the less I can just grind it out on little sleep.

How’d it go? I’ve enjoyed the 2-3 hitches I’ve installed. Big dumb pieces of metal, big bolts, man-handle them into place and grr it down. Generally simple installs. ??

How’d it go? I’ve enjoyed the 2-3 hitches I’ve installed. Big dumb pieces of metal, big bolts, man-handle them into place and grr it down. Generally simple installs. ??

Got the distribution right on the 5th attempt. The trailer she ended up with is a little big for the truck and she might end up in a 2500, but for now it pulls just fine. We took it out and took turns driving it, it is no worse than my Ranger with my trailer, which is on the big side.

She's got E load range tires on the truck, it is just a Dodge and it is a bit squishy in the rear, but we ended up level, and she won't be putting anything in the bed when she's pulling so it will be ok. What never ceases to amaze me is how low on payload some of these 1/2 ton trucks are. 1587# on hers.

Driving her truck though reminds me of how much better that ZF8 is. What a freaking great transmission.

IMG_20240411_160604518_HDR.jpg

Yesterday

90% done on the mustang. New control arms, spring mounts, shocks, sway bar bushings and links, tie rods, idler arm, strut rod bushings. Today it's getting new wheel cylinders all around, new rear brake shoes and I'll be bringing home the drums to turn over the weekend.

Installed OE MOPAR skid plates for the Ram, covering the front suspension and differential area as well as the transfer case. They should also add some extra rigidity to the frame, but more importantly, protect the underside from those ladders one finds in the middle of the freeway...
Skids.jpg

Each one is about $65 from MOPAR online, adding them both constitutes the "Protection Group" package.

These appear to have a nice form and are super HD but just needed final sharpening
Well, I dont exactly have what you'd call a lawn to mow. More like an acre of pasture grass so, a extra fine cut isn't on my priority list. I mainly just want them not to break when I chop through a mole hill, lol.

Well, I dont exactly have what you'd call a lawn to mow. More like an acre of pasture grass so, an extra fine cut isn't on my priority list. I mainly just want them not to break when I chop through a mole hill, lol.
Hehehe you have not seen my er…lawn…..rocks

Final sharpening is not razor blade

Installed OE MOPAR skid plates for the Ram, covering the front suspension and differential area as well as the transfer case. They should also add some extra rigidity to the frame, but more importantly, protect the underside from those ladders one finds in the middle of the freeway...
View attachment 213816
Each one is about $65 from MOPAR online, adding them both constitutes the "Protection Group" package.
Love OEM skid plates when they are metal. Good stuff.

Got the distribution right on the 5th attempt. The trailer she ended up with is a little big for the truck and she might end up in a 2500, but for now it pulls just fine. We took it out and took turns driving it, it is no worse than my Ranger with my trailer, which is on the big side.

She's got E load range tires on the truck, it is just a Dodge and it is a bit squishy in the rear, but we ended up level, and she won't be putting anything in the bed when she's pulling so it will be ok. What never ceases to amaze me is how low on payload some of these 1/2 ton trucks are. 1587# on hers.

Driving her truck though reminds me of how much better that ZF8 is. What a freaking great transmission.

View attachment 213718
I’m not sure you could have done a better job. You’ve got those spring bars pulled in pretty good, truck is level, camper is level. You can see the whole truck hunched down a bit to carry that load. Should ride nice. Tighten the anti-sway bar and it’s probably good and locked in on the freeway straights. If she tows a lot, I can see going a step up on shock stiffness. Nice work.

1000002378.jpg

Just finished installing new tunes in our '06 Spectra. The original speakers were either dead (rear deck) or completely shot (front doors), so it got 2 pair of Infinity REF-6532ex's.

I needed shallow speakers due to clearance issues on this application, and these fit the bill perfectly both in fitment and price. I paid $110 total for the 2 pair with no additional installation accessories needed. I was able to "gut" the OEM speakers and secure the Infinity's to the original "frame", which also allowed me to solder the OE pigtail to the new speakers. Made for a complete plug-and-play solution.

No visible cracks, probably could have sharpened, will save. Hope about the fence wire around the center spindle?? THAT took me awhile!
I dug the ones I just changed out of the scrap bin. The really rounded off one was the right side. Not sure why it was so much more worn down.

IMG_20240412_151602433.jpg

Back