What An Ugly Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Just no.

Just when I thought the Bentley Bentayga was ridiculous. Pretty soon, Mercedes might make a GLS600 Maybach that will be an abomination.

Yeah, frumpy definitely describes the styling on the outside. Definitely not something I would want, but at least it's still better looking than this:

Ugliest-Cars-in-Texas.jpg

Do i buy a Cullinan or do i buy 20 Mitsubishi Outlander Sports? Jokes aside i think its an awesome vehicle and makes every other Rolls Royce obsolete simply due to the ground clearance and AWD. Obviously a Rolls Royce owner/passenger cares not about fuel economy or price. This model will actually have some resale value for once. If you are uber rich and you don't immediately throw away replace your non SUV Rolls Royce you simply are out of style for the modern era.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Originally Posted By: Olas
Its unfortunately proportioned but not ugly in the traditional sense.
Google "fiat mutlipla" to see a truly ugly car

Following the dictum of "Form follows function" the Multipla is a thing of beauty, it carries six adults and plenty of luggage too.
Nissan's Stanza Wagon (Prairie in the UK) is another example, along with the VW Beetle, WW2 Jeep, and perhaps Model T Ford.
Were they the most stylish vehicles?, no. Did they do what they were designed to do?, yes.

Claud.

I agree that form should always follow function. The F40 was 'styled' by a wind-tunnel and is a thing of incomparable beauty.
Though the multipla fulfils it's design brief it is certainly not an attractive thing to look at.

I like it except for the grill...understanding that it is RR's signature, but it doesn't seem that well integrated in the photo. Side view looks like a full size Range Rover. May be the photo, neighbor has the Bentley SUV and it does look much better in person. That said, I love the interior...no one does wood and leather like the Brits.

Bad taste is bad taste, regardless of the grill or the cost.
This is clearly an effort to cash in on a grand old name and it will succeed.
Has anyone ever seen photos of an old RR shooting brake?
Those were attractive and well realized designs that would be too subtle for the buyers of today, who would dismiss them as mere station wagons.
OTOH, station wagons were once considered prestige cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back