PVC pipe and its future

What you read is that a closer study of PVC is being started. This is why one needs to carefully analyze everything that shows up in the media. This why our country is so messed up. Ill-informed people take a tiny bit of media as the gospel and run with it. With all the PFAS , lead contaminated water, and other historical chemicals coming back to bite us in the rear end regarding health issues, we should welcome being concerned.

"But the Vinyl Institute, a trade group, said in an October statement that anticipated the review: "We welcome EPA's review, which will further assure that production of vinyl chloride and PVC products are safe.

"Manufacturers of vinyl chloride adhere to some of the most stringent safety and environmental regulations in the chemical industry."

Tuesday's action begins a year-long process that includes a public comment period. By around December 2024, EPA will announce what steps it intends to take -- from doing nothing, to placing additional restrictions on PVC, to banning it altogether in the United States, said Enck. "

Last edited:
This is one of Microsoft's AI generated clickbait articles. Notice there is no author listed.
MSN is attributing the article to AFP (Agence France-Presse is a French international news agency headquartered in Paris, France.). Barrons and KPVI have run with it as well

What you read is that a closer study of PVC is being started. This is why one needs to carefully analyze everything that shows up in the media. This why our country is so messed up. Ignorant people take a tiny bit of media as the gospel and run with it. With all the PFAS , lead contaminated water, and other historical chemicals coming back to bite us in the rear end regarding health issues, we should welcome being concerned.

"But the Vinyl Institute, a trade group, said in an October statement that anticipated the review: "We welcome EPA's review, which will further assure that production of vinyl chloride and PVC products are safe.

"Manufacturers of vinyl chloride adhere to some of the most stringent safety and environmental regulations in the chemical industry."

Tuesday's action begins a year-long process that includes a public comment period. By around December 2024, EPA will announce what steps it intends to take -- from doing nothing, to placing additional restrictions on PVC, to banning it altogether in the United States, said Enck. "
I welcome change, I just want to know what the product, and plan is to replace it.

It's not about PVC itself, but not allowing potentially toxic additives such as lead or cadmium compounds. These are already seldom if ever used in water pipes. PVC is a commodity product and lowering the cost even a fraction of one percent with a cheaper additive has an appeal to less scrupulous suppliers.

there are many TOXIC items sold these days BUT as usual $$$$ will keep them on the market!!! many foods + additives are BANNED in europe BUT NOT in USA, again $$$$ lobbyist getting approvals + information being blocked which is typical in our great country run by big $$$$$ corporations!!

What you read is that a closer study of PVC is being started. This is why one needs to carefully analyze everything that shows up in the media. This why our country is so messed up. Ill-informed people take a tiny bit of media as the gospel and run with it. With all the PFAS , lead contaminated water, and other historical chemicals coming back to bite us in the rear end regarding health issues, we should welcome being concerned.

I know this is going to sound "out there" but I envision an world ban on most synthetic fabrics used in clothing because so much of it is ending up in the water supply via clothes washer and dryer.

What did I just read? What could replace PVC?

Hospitals still incinerate PVC medical waste.

I’m guessing the resulting cancer gas is good for the community

The primary benefit of PVC is its ability to stay sterile and septic, a variety of applications need this attribute.

MSN is attributing the article to AFP (Agence France-Presse is a French international news agency headquartered in Paris, France.). Barrons and KPVI have run with it as well
Look at what AFP is. These places are subscribed to their service.
I'm guessing PVC will be used for many more years.

I know this is going to sound "out there" but I envision an world ban on most synthetic fabrics used in clothing because so much of it is ending up in the water supply via clothes washer and dryer.

You might be surprised what might be in our rivers. I haven't studied the details pro or con, but there is concern about estrogen from birth control making it's way past water treatment plants and back into rivers.

Hospitals still incinerate PVC medical waste.

I’m guessing the resulting cancer gas is good for the community

The primary benefit of PVC is its ability to stay sterile and septic, a variety of applications need this attribute.
I’m guessing the resulting cancer gas is good for the community business.....

Back