FORD Bronco deals: Funny? Innovative? Maybe desperate? Just plain....what?

SammyChevelleTypeS3

$50 site donor 2023
Part of the story says the Bronco that this "deal" goes for is the upper priced Sports Edition (and more unclear.... other Broncos?) Some of the models that are sold for more than the MSRP at dealerships due to what? Demand? Foolish buyers? Impatience....? Makes one have to ask a simple question: WHY?

Displace a competitor and try to keep them hooked. I'd guess that Jeep owners are perceived as loyal to the brand and if you are able to lure them away, maybe you can keep them. There is a lot of marketing data and analysis behind this move. Clever.

In another life, we used to almost double our enterprise sales folks' commissions if they displaced a targeted competitor's installation.

As far as markups; supply and demand. I don't like ADMU's and only recently paid our first ever, but I don't see the ADMU as different from paying a high market value for a premium fun car....only difference is the ADMU is a discrete line item. Still didn't like it:)

A large Ford dealer in my market, Ricart, has plenty of left over 2023 Broncos and Bronco Sports with money off the MSRP once you click on one on the webpage.

Some vehcile makers have moved to something often called conquest cash. Offer someone that owns a competing vehicle an incentive to switch from one brand to another. If you're a GM loyalist and want to buy a new Buick, GM gives you the middle finger on that discount.

Neither are selling well here, and the Bronco is built down the road from me.Most lots have the 60-80k ones anyways……

Broco sport edition is just a gussied up Escape? Offroading lite vehicle trims seem to be the stanley cup of the vehicle world. Its livable yet capable. Right now its in fashion. Toyota has adventure editons of the rav4. honda has the pilots and passports with the copper wheels

The broncos well, its nostalgia and competition. The next down the list is the upcoming LC250 twins from toyota, and the future 6th gen 4r and xterra.

How sad would Henry Ford be knowing that Ford makes only one vehicle that can be called a CAR these days!?
At least he achieved his dream of putting a Ford in every driveway in America very early on when people had 3 choices and he made his offerings more affordable and better suited for the general public. What an American Legend!

The good news is that issue is behind us. There may be some new 20 year durability issues, with regard to the later model 2.7's rubber belt driven oil pump, but the other problems have been solved.

The 2.7 is probably Ford's best engine. There is one 2.7 failure where the belt did show signs of stress (not the root cause) but the engine was both run very low on oil and overheated.

Broco sport edition is just a gussied up Escape? Offroading lite vehicle trims seem to be the stanley cup of the vehicle world. Its livable yet capable. Right now its in fashion. Toyota has adventure editons of the rav4. honda has the pilots and passports with the copper wheels

The broncos well, its nostalgia and competition. The next down the list is the upcoming LC250 twins from toyota, and the future 6th gen 4r and xterra.
Yes, the Sport is based on the Escape. I knew as soon as they announced the 2 different Broncos that this would be an issue for us parts people. You get Sport owners not saying it is a Sport. Bronco owners saying they "have the real one" or "not the girl one." Then all the different trim levels, all we want is the VIN.

Yes, the Sport is based on the Escape. I knew as soon as they announced the 2 different Broncos that this would be an issue for us parts people. You get Sport owners not saying it is a Sport. Bronco owners saying they "have the real one" or "not the girl one." Then all the different trim levels, all we want is the VIN.
This harkens back to the S10 Blazer days, where the little one outnumbered the big one five-to-one. Then we finally had Blazers and "Big Blazers."

They need to stop trying to stretch out their most recognizable names and come up with some new ones. They already have 2 Broncos, 2 Mustangs and more versions of F150s than I can keep track of.

By the way I have a “real one “ Mustang. 🤣🤣🤣

They need to stop trying to stretch out their most recognizable names and come up with some new ones. They already have 2 Broncos, 2 Mustangs and more versions of F150s than I can keep track of.

By the way I have a “real one “ Mustang. 🤣🤣🤣
Don't forget, 2 different Transits also. I had my Mustang parked next to parts at work one day (management perk I was happy to give up and go back to counter) and sales parked a Mach E next to my Mustang. The sales guy started comparing them calling mine old tech, etc. It was time to leave anyway so I got in and let him talk over my Borla ATAKs at 2K RPM with the tips pointed at the building for a few minutes. I will take that old tech anyday.

They need to stop trying to stretch out their most recognizable names 🤣🤣🤣
That's like the Camry Solara. They were about to call it just Solara, until they realized sticking the Camry badge on it would contribute to a) name recognition and b) Camry's sales numbers.

Back