Walmart vs. Amazon Prime -- which one carries fresh stocks

I just received some Mobil 1 0w20 AFE from Amazon that was on sale. It was SN, but that's what was pictured and what I expected. Not sure how old it is, but it'll go in my Jeep at some point. After all the "old stock" RGT I picked up on clearance at AA is used up.

Last edited:
I just received some Mobil 1 0w20 AFE from Amazon that was on sale. It was SN, but that's what was pictured and what I expected. Not sure how old it is, but it'll go in my Jeep at some point. After all the "old stock" RGT I picked up on clearance at AA is used up.
The first three digits on the date code are the plant code, followed by the two-digit year, month letter (A–L), and day. The four-digit revision number (RN) after the date code refers to the exact formulation. The QR codes on the front and back refer to the exact print versions of the front and back labels, respectively. You can have the same or a different formulation with the same or different labels; so, there is no direct correlation between the formulation and labels.

The date of manufacture for this bottle of the PAO-and-AN-based Mobil 1 Extended Performance (EP) 0W-20 SP I pictured at Walmart yesterday is December 10, 2020, which was only twelve days prior to me looking at it! 😮 Walmart oil is as fresh as it gets!

aa2y7WnAab-WwkLqZSr1oJhCWFnyC9HMyLsDYcGnJG0lx0G_6Tl2ziDDlOkdJcgLfsAGe4uQgyl9L79n8N41_wY8l6srk6qgmzU7odp2WkY-XMMl5-cnUZZa53ynXIjgM3qnngvJu4MxicDyqx0I6SakMBovE88t0yw2JXYUda9KLhNE4wwK7QsSd6NN8u71tKNx2QUWrG-FLJuPpRWDHuLjMLPWeFq7-Up8SknG0CmwuXnPexWp2E8pRQbF_MOeoNRlk5N9tshr9MDYrOrdEpPUKpoFN4g2QXT0OSX37eDr1hBzKKr1k2WheJn4WTl5xBke-vz6jO7w5GHY5aLBnJmRYW0ho0Z4eucBDoWsaVhbcJy7TO7hb9Paeaqh-4TyXGg6vTtbyvEf3e0tbGt1m1GeMCfTzslv1lThsTvo-WryrCJ4u8mXAlsgseMF0pdxdAU_KWjRHPPWaxtLGm80sgQDWMF9aEQdQVQEhTcXoO5mHfs4iyVbwsCJCS2M9Y5JvPOLN_8erMhDdDzzlMLHUUWSN1-uNE-dnoKTcaZjvyvojGOml_2Lrg_hqcZxCQgFKKDiIV5BYKNKaH1WP-c9e85KsimHzo-tMLppO44bNNRhC02YmlPfaiWKPufzGF_cCnzelUAbDEzXELYRO-afMlj0g4gRwZvtXQVFgnQY_hPSaD4bXEF3qUnxMq7I4g=w2597-h1947-no

FWIW, I just ordered Centrum vitamins from Amazon and Walmart. Amazon's (shipped from the warehouse) had 02/2024 expiration data and Walmart's (shipped from the nearby Long Beach supercenter on Carson Blvd) 12/2023. Amazon won at the expiration date, but Walmart had a far better price, $8.98 (including the promo code) vs. $13.98 for 200 tablets. Amazon later price-matched theirs to $10.98, same as the Walmart's price without the promo code.

FWIW, I just ordered Centrum vitamins from Amazon and Walmart. Amazon's (shipped from the warehouse) had 02/2024 expiration data and Walmart's (shipped from the nearby Long Beach supercenter on Carson Blvd) 12/2023. Amazon won at the expiration date, but Walmart had a far better price, $8.98 (including the promo code) vs. $13.98 for 200 tablets. Amazon later price-matched theirs to $10.98, same as the Walmart's price without the promo code.
How do you get Amazon to price match? What's the process?

How do you get Amazon to price match? What's the process?
Oh, no, I meant, they matched it on their own.

Amazon was playing tricks. There was a quantity restriction for several days, and then they removed the quantity restriction but jacked up the price from $10.98 to $13.98, and then they lowered the price back to $10.98 (same as Walmart's) but put back the quantity restriction. The result: they lost a purchase.

Oh, no, I meant, they matched it on their own.

Amazon was playing tricks. There was a quantity restriction for several days, and then they removed the quantity restriction but jacked up the price from $10.98 to $13.98, and then they lowered the price back to $10.98 (same as Walmart's) but put back the quantity restriction. The result: they lost a purchase.
TMI ... my head hurts from all that. Must be the notorious Al Gore Rhythm.

TMI ... my head hurts from all that. Must be the notorious Al Gore Rhythm.
His rhythm or not, if only Florida hadn't cheated (improperly aligned ballots, recount denied) and he had won the election, the world would have been an a lot better place today.

I ordered some M1 5W-50 from Walmart recently. First time ordering from them. Came quickly, packaged nicely, no leaking. And I trust it to be real. I don't trust Amazon anymore to not carry fakes. And somehow it always leaks from Amazon.

Back