Walmart 2-step F/S Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
$20...includes the controlled feed of solution into the intake manifold, followed by an in-tank cleaner.

Thinking about having it done on my mother's 2010 Altima V6 with 11k. The car has had a noticeable decline in off-the-line performance compared to when it was new. Of course, 90% of those miles are from 1-2 mile trips, so that explains part of the problem.

I have tried Amsoil PI but it does not seem to cure the problem completely. I think having a concentrated solution sprayed into the intake directly may be necessary.

Has anyone had the service done at Walmart?

Interesting....I think it's probably a good idea for your mom's car.

i have used it in my q45 and accord it really seemed to clean things up. id defintely give it a shot. mpg's went up quite a bit

Last edited:
Not saying you shouldn't get $20 deal at Wallys. But cleaning the TB with cleaner is a quick job. If you can get AMSOIL Power Foam easily that will probably work better.

My daily commute is about 4 miles each way. I usually need to use a top end cleaner like seafoam or something similar once a year to get the engine back in tip top shape.

Last edited:
Doesn't Altima come with throttle by wire? If so, ask the details of the exact procedure of that cleaning. If they use old fashioned method of opening the throttle by hand, you will get P0505 (or something like that) error or worse blown throttle body or ECM driver. I know for a fact that early 3.5 in Maxima had those issues.

You have to give the ignition and the gearshift needs to be in gear and then a brick on the gas pedal to open the throttle. I am not sure if Walmart guy would be doing that.

- Vikas

When I worked at WM in 2007, I had to do this service regularly.

Observations? It never helped new cars less than 2 years old - no smoke, no change in running.

Older cars, especially dirty, rough, running ones, would blow smoke like there was no tommorow when it was done.

I always thought it was a waste on newer cars......

That's totally understandable, and makes sense
smile.gif

What's interesting, is the new Valvoline service they offer is advertised as a "No Smoke" service.......can't see how that works....clearly, if they are running it through fluid through the intake (at a rate, just to keep the car running), it should "burn off" something, and produce some sort of exhaust effects....right? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back