Low-Mileage GM 3100 in 2023?

Update on this. Nice car, but seller and I are far off on price.

I hope it goes to a good home. Not many more of these left in this shape. The red interior reminds me of my childhood.

My thought is that it's a boring 25 year old Buick with little to no modern amenities. I think a lot of people get real excited and "like" the thought of a cheap good old basic car. But then in their daily life are not happy with the no Apple CarPlay or "water-cooler clout" their bingo bomber achieves them.
Sounds like heaven to me.

Car play and the such aren’t all they are cracked up to be.

Right now $8500. Was at around $9500. Can’t justify that for something like this. Was trying to be in it for 1/2 of that… if that.
For a Buick you’re right..it’s a bit much. You’ll never get it for 3500…that’s what rotted out highschool cars go for.

Flash $6500 cash and see if they bite.

How many $8k vehicles out there have that low of mileage….and not rusted out to the max and are cheap to fix…thats for you to decide.

if you can turn wrenches yourself (beyond changing oil) then you can really save some money on future repairs via Rock Auto etc for the issues that might be.

If the goal is to have a cheap DD and park the main driver…sounds like a winner. If you’re trying to have it as the main operating rig…not sure I would do it.

Last edited:
He will get his price easy, and I’d say it’s worth it - when will you find one again this clean and solid underneath?
I see sooo many cars like this - GM mid-sizers - that are perfectly clean up top, but there is nothing left underneath.
This might be the only one on the planet with its whole pinch weld!!

I'd mayyyyybe go $7k on it, will likely be the most reliable vehicle you could have for the foreseeable future.

I had an '03 Century, thing was bulletproof albeit pretty boring. It only met it's demise when I loaned it out to my cousin and he rear-ended a pickup, otherwise I'm sure it would still be kicking a decade later.

Too much IMO
I'd want a Regal GS, or at least a LeSabre Celebration Edition for that money
In a perfect world a Park Avenue Ultra
Even a Joseph Abboud edition for maximum obscurity 😀
There's always another one 🤷‍♂️

Back