VW Did It Right- Key Fob

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Got the message this AM to replace my key fob battery on my 2021 VW
Typical motherboard CR2032 battery for which I keep several around for my computers.
Super easy using the valet key to flex the fob from inside- the fob panel pops off using no tools.
Super easy to do.

I wish fobs were made with a cr 2450 and just made a touch wider and thicker as i don't like how skinny they've always been. The batteries don't last long with push start. Also wish there was a way to put it in sleep mode not to save battery but to prevent the signal from being spoofed from a distance and having your car stolen.

I wish fobs were made with a cr 2450 and just made a touch wider and thicker as i don't like how skinny they've always been. The batteries don't last long with push start. Also wish there was a way to put it in sleep mode not to save battery but to prevent the signal from being spoofed from a distance and having your car stolen.
Like an on and off button eh?

Like an on and off button eh?
Not an independent button but press and hold the lock button as a switch or separate button isn't a great idea. Long press the lock button to hibernate it and any next press like the unlock takes it out of that sleep mode and transmits the signal just so it stops transmitting the signal all the time but is still on for the next press. No one walks away from their car unlocked. It can lock as you click and long press the lock button. Press the unlock or remote start button and it transmits the signal in only an added split second delay compared to not being hibernated.

Get a Faraday bag. I keep both fobs in one. The batteries last well over a year.

Get a Faraday bag. I keep both fobs in one. The batteries last well over a year.
For out an about activities a faraday bag is clumsy if you're on your own and without your wife to put it in her purse though they do work but it's a band aid to a simple problem. And batteries should last at least 5-7 imo.

For out an about activities a faraday bag is clumsy if you're on your own and without your wife to put it in her purse though they do work but it's a band aid to a simple problem. And batteries should last at least 5-7 imo.

Well okay then.

Why should they change? I see no reason to change the key fob (other than looks)

Back