Nissan Simple Key key fob?

I understand my 2017 Nissan Titan requires Nissan software/computer to program a new remote/smart key. There’s a product called Simple Key that comes with an OBD gizmo that’s supposed to do the same. It’s $110 for the dongle and a new remote, which I presume is cheaper than paying the dealer. Has anyone ever tried one? Any other hacks or workarounds?

Here’s the kit: https://tomskey.com/products/nissan...-fob-nisk-e5trz0sk-kit?variant=35372207734940

Have you tried a local locksmith? Mine had a full feature programmer and were able to make a key for my F150. Turns out they do all the work for the local Ford dealer....

Have you tried a local locksmith? Mine had a full feature programmer and were able to make a key for my F150. Turns out they do all the work for the local Ford dealer....
The closest locksmith is a two hour round-trip drive. I was hoping for something they didn’t take as much time.

I used it for a new fob on my '14 Dodge Grand Caravan. Worked great! It limits you to a single VIN number and eight total keys/fobs. I paid about $110 for the programmer and 6 function fob. The Locksmith said about $200+, rumor had it the dealer was $300+.

The closest Nissan dealer quoted me $420 for the fob and $169 for programming. Needless to say other options will be explored.

The closest Nissan dealer quoted me $420 for the fob and $169 for programming. Needless to say other options will be explored.
Get the part # for the fob and google it. Find a dealer that sell the fob for the lowest price.

I’ve discovered that if you buy the factory Nissan remote start kit you get two new fobs/keys and a new hood latch. The kit is <$200. That still leaves the problem of programming it, but I’m hopeful I can find a locksmith somewhere to do it for less.

Do you own any mid tier or higher scan tools?

If not, ~$200 DIY is about the best I'm seeing
The key cut service would save you a trip

Do you own any mid tier or higher scan tools?

If not, ~$200 DIY is about the best I'm seeing
The key cut service would save you a trip

No, but being able to do the key would be a partial offset of the cost of a good scan tool. Can you recommend a tool you know would work to program a 2017 Titan?

I shouldn’t need a new emergency key cut, I should just be able to use the original Since they duplicate the shape of the factory fobs.

Back