Vredestein tires?

Vredestein seems to make quality tires :)

They're more known for their bicycle tires, but they recently started expanding their car tire lineup a lot.

Vredestein used to sell their entire tire lineup here, until they started making US-specific tires.

There's probably nothing wrong with the Hi Trac touring though

My man, Vredstein has been making car tyres since 1910 and are owned by Apollo since 2009.
Apollo is a large rubber company from India. Larger then Cooper, Kuhmo, Nexen, and Nokian for example.
Vredstein also had european factory together with BF.Goodrich in the 1950's.

Last edited:
As noted above they are no longer a Dutch company, rather they are owned by Apollo an Indian company. What does that mean in terms of quality? I have no idea.

I was (possibly still am) interested in their Pinza AT tires. I called the US number for the company and I talked with a very knowledgeable rep. He basically indicated that they are looking to increase their US footprint in a major way. I guess the relationship with TR is a start. They generally have good reviews on TR.

I was (possibly still am) interested in their Pinza AT tires. I called the US number for the company and I talked with a very knowledgeable rep. He basically indicated that they are looking to increase their US footprint in a major way. I guess the relationship with TR is a start. They generally have good reviews on TR.
I have been considering buying a set of these well. I have few months left on the Michelins LTX's that came on my Tundra before I do though. I drive a lot of dirt roads that are low and even "no" maintenance with rocks and need a little something more in the AT direction and with a possible heavier load rating, so these intrigued me.

A friend of mine had an early 200 series Volvo for a very long time. 1970's to about 1990. He was dedicated to the Vredestein tires the entire time. They were available at reasonable cost from mail/phone order from ads in Road & Track and such. He used the Sprint classic tire with the Grip classic on the rear in Winter. That rwd Volvo did get around very well in snow.

I would suspect that the Vredestein tires 40+ years ago were sourced different from today. Yes, those Quatracs have been around for a long time. A family member used a set on a Wagoneer years ago. Great traction but quick wear, which is to be expected.

I used to mail/phone order Avon's from the importer in Baltimore, ages ago. Great tires and quite cheap. They were an early version of an all season radial before that had really become common.
Eurotire? I remember the R&T ads; Vredestein, Continental (not as popular in the US then), Semperit, Fulda.....

I like them a lot. Have had them on 3 Series BMW, Camry, and 17 Outback. Only drawback for me is the soft compound does not last very long. At least in my geo area and driving style.

Eurotire? I remember the R&T ads; Vredestein, Continental (not as popular in the US then), Semperit, Fulda.....
That seems familiar. I think there were 2 or 3. I do remember buying Pirelli P3's in 155/80/13 for $29. Not so cheap converted to the current dollar.

I've been needing tires for my Civic and get them from Tire Rack who had the Vredestein Quatrac's but in the size I needed were only rated for 45k miles. I ended up getting the Falken's which honestly were the 2nd cheapest they had available and the specs are actually pretty good, rated for 80k miles and 720 A/B, both tires are T rated and I wanted H but honestly in the end it's not really much difference. I probably should've went with the BFG's but they wanted another $40 per tire. I paid $322.11 for the Falken's which is actually a really good deal. I'd have no problems running the Vredestein's but the ratings were not good enough for me and the extra cost it did not make sense at all.

I have 185/65-14 which used to be a very popular size but not so much anymore. There were certain brands I wanted to stay away from such as General tires, I mean they're ok but never really found them to be all that great. I looked at the Goodyear's and was more expensive and not rated as well that the Falken's were and also T rated, the Hankook's were about the same as them but slightly better and less expensive too. I might would've gotten the Toyo's and were just a tad more but were 75k and H rated. The car has 274k miles so this very well may be the last set of new tires it gets.

Back