Walmart's Black Friday Tire Sale ended before Cyber Monday :(

Walmart's Douglas tires were on sale for $58 each this weekend, but unfortunately, they went back up to $73

Size 205/70-15 for an older Subaru

There are other no-name tires in the $60 range, but Douglas is about the best cheap tire you can get.

I originally wanted the Nokian Nordman Solstice, but they stopped making them. Walmart's price was $86 when they were in stock. Other all-weather tires are hideously expensive for the size, at $120+ (Toyo Celsius, Vredestein Quatrac 5, Firestone Weathergrip)

I don't really like using cheap tires, but Douglas is very good for a tire in its price range, and this is the last set of tires I'll buy for this car.

There's the Armstrong Blutrac for $53 :cautious:

Last edited:
What part of Black Friday Tire Sale indicates it would still be in effect on Monday? Maybe they sold out.

They are not sold out.

Saturday and Sunday had that price, and many places are using the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale the whole weekend and Monday too.

UPDATE: another consideration

DTD has a promotion thru the 29th $110 off Toyo tires. This makes the Toyo Celsius under $90 each. Now I'm considering just buying the Celsius off DTD.

Maybe call and ask if they can sell at the BF price?

I left them a message on their contact us page, and I also messaged them on twitter. Hopefully, they will sell at the BF price.

Is it my imagination, or was this year one of the lamest Black Fridays ever? Best thing i was able to find/buy was some motor mounts on FCP Euro (nice Hutchinson ones on sale for a pretty good price with free shipping, not some mad, dirt cheap BF price).

So I missed my Ruger SFAR sale.. it went up $160 - bleh I thought the sale was through cyber monday.

now they are open special for cyber monday(normally closed mondays) and the ad is a 1 page junker.

Was too sick to go until today.. oh well.

I'm pretty sure If I email them they wont sell it to me for yesterday's $160 cheaper price.

Only thing I actually bought on black friday was 30 gallons of gas for $36 in reward perks. :ROFLMAO:

Those toyo Celsius used to be above average but I have no idea how they have improved them or how the stack up with current competition.

Walmart's Douglas tires were on sale for $58 each this weekend, but unfortunately, they went back up to $73

Size 205/70-15 for an older Subaru

There are other no-name tires in the $60 range, but Douglas is about the best cheap tire you can get.

I originally wanted the Nokian Nordman Solstice, but they stopped making them. Walmart's price was $86 when they were in stock. Other all-weather tires are hideously expensive for the size, at $120+ (Toyo Celsius, Vredestein Quatrac 5, Firestone Weathergrip)

I don't really like using cheap tires, but Douglas is very good for a tire in its price range, and this is the last set of tires I'll buy for this car.

There's the Armstrong Blutrac for $53 :cautious:

GM’s fall sale is still on until the 30th. You can get $100 off a set of decent Hankooks (and they will price-match walmart before the rebate, BTDT). I posted it in the sale/promotion forum and details are there. Maybe $200 off if they still give the GM card rebate like they used to (double the base rebate).

Update

I ended up ordering the Toyo Celsius from DTD. $88 for a name-brand all-weather tire is a great deal :)

$360 plus installation is not bad. Even after installation it should be well under $500. Not bad in 2023.

Back