New Tires for 20' Nissan Sentra SV

I do prefer to buy American made it’s a preference but if a foreign company will give me a better/safer tire for my money then that’s where I’ll take it. The tires will be on my wife’s car she transports our son the majority of the week to and from appointments and daycare, so I want a safe and reliable tire that has good dry/wet/rain traction and handling not that she’s a spirited driver but in case she had to make a quick and sudden maneuver.

Great! That means you can use summer tires such as the Goodyear EfficientGrip.

If you still prefer all-season tires, Walmart's Douglas is actually better than its price would suggest. It's made by Goodyear, and most of them are US-made too, only one state away in NC.
thank you I appreciate that suggestion and will take a look at both. my in-laws are up in Leland, NC right outside the Willmington area.

Great! That means you can use summer tires such as the Goodyear EfficientGrip.

If you still prefer all-season tires, Walmart's Douglas is actually better than its price would suggest. It's made by Goodyear, and most of them are US-made too, only one state away in NC.
I did like the thought of a summer tire.. it doesn't happen often but we do get cold snaps where morning commutes could be slick I remember having sport summer tires on my 09 Miata and when temps got below 40 I could light the tires up just punching it from a roll. how would the grip be on those EfficientGrip's with frigid temps?

I did like the thought of a summer tire.. it doesn't happen often but we do get cold snaps where morning commutes could be slick I remember having sport summer tires on my 09 Miata and when temps got below 40 I could light the tires up just punching it from a roll. how would the grip be on those EfficientGrip's with frigid temps?

Goodyear said the glass transition temperature is 20F for all their summer tires.

40+ is usually the range specified for summer tires. If it's slightly below 40 for a few minutes of driving, you'll be OK, but if you're taking full days closer to or below freezing, it would be more of a problem.

The Kumho KU27 (LX Platinum) are excellent tires. I have them on my Golf. Smooth, quiet and excellent steering response and feel. On another car, I have the Kumho TA-51a. Another fantastic tire that inspires confidence. Great wet traction and I really believe they will handle light snow as good as the best "all season" tire. As I don't put on many miles, time will dictate when I replace.

I would stay away from Goodyear and Douglas. My local very good tire shop won't sell Goodyear due to many problems they previously encountered.

Back