Vredestein Sprint+ Thoughts?

Hoping some of our European members can chime in.

Niche tire, a relatively recent offering to the US aimed at the more recent collector cars; Audi UR-q, 964/993 and others...

I understand Vredestein is a second tier supplier, but I do have some loyalty to the brand as they have supported the collector car crowd by offering many 'orphan' sizes throughout the years and I have had 4 sets of their Sprint Classic on various cars and like them. Wear like soft sole sneakers, but that is what they are; play time shoes.

My chief concern is pricing, it is rather low. Not that price is completely indexed to quality, but generally they are linked. My go-to for the P-cars is the Conti Extreme Contact Sport Summer version, but thinking of the Vredesteins. The new to us car came w/ the CONTI ECS DWS...all seasons on a Louisiana car is a bit baffling...but they are going.

Vredestein Sprint+

Last edited:
Looks like a nice tire. I read the description and details on it. Almost looks like a pricing error if you check prices on the other sizes. I'd buy it. Only one size is priced low.

Since TireRack doesn’t have enough data to properly rate the Sprints, I’d give them a call. I’ve had great luck talking with their reps over the years on various tire/wheel purchases.

Not an apples-to-apples comparison, but the Vredestein all-season recommended for my Challeger GT is highly rated and priced lower than the big names. Same for their winter tires. If I were in the market, I’d buy them based on the reviews & price.

When factoring in your brand loyalty, the product quality & pricing, the Vredestein wins hand down.

Last edited:
Nice topic. Vredestein is rather popular on Europe's classic car owners
most probably just because Vredestein offers a broad choice and their
much cheaper prices compared to Pirelli's (CN36 etc.) and Michelin's
(XWX etc.) classic style and corresponding size offerings.
The only Vredestein I ever owned is a former Sprint+ in 165 SR15 size
I ran on my 5.5" steel wheels. Same tread style like that one:

1_art3127_vredestein_sprint__s_2L.jpg

Last edited:
I put a set of Vredestein tires on my wife's Accord. They really improved the car's performance. I just put a set of 4 VREDESTEIN WINTRAC PRO XL snows, mounted in Enkei alloys, on my bimmer. We'll see how these do.

Back