Vibration at highway speeds (not alignment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. I was traveling in my Equinox over the fourth and I noticed a light vibration coming from my driver's side of my Equinox. I also noticed the vibration would get stronger when I was slowing down at highway speeds (between 50-70 mph.) I have had an alignment done and my brakes are fine. I believe it could be suspension related but I leave it to BITOG's expertise to help me!

Rotate the tires from side to side to see if the vibration moves to the pass side. I once had a chunk of fresh pavement stuck to the inside of a rim that caused a balance problem.

Dave

If not uneven tire wear or balance issue, check the carrier bearing if it is AWD. Carrier bearing failure is very common in this generation Equinox.

Maybe you lost a lead weight that you did not even notice and the balance problem shows up significantly at that speed. I see weights all over the roads. Especially near turns where people rub their tires. My daughters have also bent their steel rims on pot holes and man hole covers, and alignment issues

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
What kinda tires?

I'm suspecting a shifted belt/runout problem

Hankook H727s. I have had them for about 2 years now without any issues.

I had one my old cars do the same thing. I finally found a huge bubble on the inside sidewall. Swapped the tire out and it was back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back