Part throttle vibration at highway speed

Well, my car is developing a second issue. Now i can hear (more than feel) a subtle low pitched vibration in the cabin at highway speed and it is absent when coasting but seems more pronounced when i don't apply full throttle.

Had a local shop replace the front flex disc and motor mounts (couldn't do it because of back issues...). After they did the job, i had to tow a utility trailer a lot and assumed the lack of smoothness came from the trailer but it was almost identical once driving the car without the trailer.

Maybe they messed up the balance of the driveshaft but this seems hard top believe as they mainly work on BMW, MB etc. Where would you start? Driveshaft carrier bearing checked fine last time i was under the car. Trans mont seemed ok but hard to tell without pulling it off the car. No torn CV boots, no play in the driveshaft, no metal in diff oil. Rear tires are still crappy chinese ones but i don't see how it could have anything to do with my issue. This type of stuff is always hard to diagnose!

More than likely has something to do with the balance of the front flex plate or the drive shaft.

I hear if you remove a drive shaft and don't replace the u-joints, you're supposed to reinstall it in the exact same clocked rotation.

Back