Vehicle prices at my local Jeep/Ram

And what I learned, asking a close friend and my cousin. They are older than I am, and will be paying their homes off after I will/have. Example my friend in Stamford CT is 7 years older and paying his house off 4 years later (my implication is he had a 7 year head start).

My cousin dunno if he took out a heloc or what but he’s 2 years older and paying it off maybe 12 years later in Hopkinton 😂
Darien where my wife grew up and my in-laws live is right next to Stamford. Stamford is quite reasonable compared to adjacent areas like Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, and Westport.

But nowhere near the badassness of the Escalade, or course.
I don't know if I agree...the Jeep is now making 510hp vs the Escalade at 420. (The V is 682 but Jeep is getting ready to surpass that soon) Having been involved in the GM large SUVs in engineering and production roles and seeing them built in the Arlington plant- I have no interest in ever owning one lol....

A real world estimate using comparable vehicles over the last 15 years and the CPI calculator indicates that much of todays stuff is as much as 50% higher than it should be.

An F150 4x4 lariat should be $57k and instead it’s $77K.
What a joke with all the tech in today's vehicles than those of 15 years ago. I would question your info.

One of my teen's friends rolled up in their parent's Grand Wagoneer a few weeks ago. He said something like isn't it awesome and my immediate response was it would be a cold day in H-E-double hockey sticks before he ever got behind the wheel of that vehicle if I owned it. No idea what the parents do for a living but they live in a $850k house. I only know that because my wife's good friend owned the house before these people having just sold it a few years ago during her divorce.
It could easily be a "business expense" and a lease. This allows for the entire payment to be deducted.

Here is my local Jeep/Ram dealer. Multiple vehicles over $100k. I make a really great living but I flat-out refuse to spend this kind of coin on a vehicle for any reason. This dealership also has ONE Wagoneer for $75k and the other two Grand Wagoneers are +$100k. This is Wustah...a "blue-collar city"...I'm glad everyone is doing so well but not long ago $100k got you an elite vehicle and not a Jeep or a Ram. FWIW...I see these ALL OVER THE PLACE now.

My next new vehicle is going to need to be a $40K subcompact...

View attachment 166947

Unfortunately dumb people buy vehicles out of their budget.

I heard approximately 20,000 vehicles are getting repo‘ed per day here in the USA.

Lots of people don’t care about their finances and impulse buy expensive things.

I don't know if I agree...the Jeep is now making 510hp vs the Escalade at 420. (The V is 682 but Jeep is getting ready to surpass that soon) Having been involved in the GM large SUVs in engineering and production roles and seeing them built in the Arlington plant- I have no interest in ever owning one lol....
Well that sure is encouraging and food for thought in my "Tahoe dreams" :ROFLMAO:

Most of these $$$ vehicles are just in big cities.. makes sense with the higher wages. Our people wanting to show off you could debate. I did a round trip to Sacramento from KC and didn't see any Wagoneers. Most vehicles where around the 30k mark I'd guess.

Unfortunately dumb people buy vehicles out of their budget.

I heard approximately 20,000 vehicles are getting repo‘ed per day here in the USA.

Lots of people don’t care about their finances and impulse buy expensive things.
Great news for a further downward trend in used vehicle market pricing.

Looked over our local CDJR dealership a couple of weeks ago. I am not paying what they are asking for new today on a 1500 RAM when I could have bought with the same money a 2500 RAM with a Cummins 2-3 years ago. There is more than just inflation pricing but "Greedflation" being added to the MSRP also.

There are a lot of people that make a lot of money. These are the people buying these.

Same people that bought tahoes, Escalades, navigators, etc. we have gotten several on trade for wagoneers and grand wagoneers.

Some are just people going up from a standard grand Cherokee to the short wagoneer or grand wagoneer as they want more space than the smallish GC

I peeked at our local Dodge/Ram/Jeep dealer and 26 vehicles in stock in price range $80k-$110k.

The dealership experience inside and outside does not reflect that at all. It’s not that nice.

I peeked at our local Dodge/Ram/Jeep dealer and 26 vehicles in stock in price range $80k-$110k.

The dealership experience inside and outside does not reflect that at all. It’s not that nice.
But stocking premium snacks is a requirement for being a Wagoneer dealer. Did they at least have that?

I stopped at the local Ford dealership a couple of weeks ago to look at a crew cab Ford F150 4x4 because I liked the color. It turned out to be a Lariat model with the 5.0L. Sticker price was over $71K. I wasn't expecting that. The salesman that came out said that they were not coming off sticker price at all and that Ford doesn't have any incentives right now.

My fiancé bought a new crew cab F150 4x4 XLT with the 5.0L in 2017 and it only stickered for about $44K. The new truck I looked at was nice but not nice enough that I would pay that kind of money for it.

But stocking premium snacks is a requirement for being a Wagoneer dealer. Did they at least have that?
The whole process at Lexus is really good overall. You pull right inside to a tiled drop off area and as you pull in a camera reads your plate number and you are greeted by name. I get a loaner, even for oil changes, 100% of the time - signs some papers, keys are ready, and vehicle is outside waiting. If you want to wait, head into the customer waiting area and there is an entire coffee bar with lots of snacks, coffee, water, juice. It is really a nice experience and while I'd forgo this experience for $5K off the price of the car, since that didn't happen, I'll take the cookies and coffee.

What do you get out of constantly bashing your employer and now former employer ? You had plenty years to quit - yet, stayed …
As for Mopar - they seem compelled to produce these extreme vehicles that can’t possibly be good for the future of ICE …

Administrators make pretty big money. $300-400k+ easily once you’re past department chair. An established professor with a named, endowed position that brings decent research expenditures can easily bring in $400k+.

Affording the vehicle is easy. Affording the car, the house, the college fund and a few $M in retirement funds is trickier for most.
Naw, it wasn’t that hard. Just 12,000 shifts on the railway.

Back