Using Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20: Any Additional Advantages in my Application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you being cocky?
Why are you embellishing about where you work? If I worked for a Ford dealer I don’t work for Ford. I’m not employed by Ford.

Most people here, if you say you work for BMW, will assume you’re being accurate and work for BMWNA.

A dealership is not BMW. Every dealer I’ve been to has drums of the correct oils and the part number is on the work order.
Just bc the part number is in the RO does not mean it was used. The parts department or service advisor has those numbers in front of them for an oil change. It’s standard practice. Oil also does not come in drums.

Just bc the part number is in the RO does not mean it was used. The parts department or service advisor has those numbers in front of them for an oil change. It’s standard practice. Oil also does not come in drums.
Which dealer do you work for so I know which to avoid? ;)

Why are you embellishing about where you work? If I worked for a Ford dealer I don’t work for Ford. I’m not employed by Ford.

Most people here, if you say you work for BMW, will assume you’re being accurate and work for BMWNA.
Majority of people know the difference. When you say you work for whatever manufacturers you work for.

Which dealer do you work for so I know which to avoid? ;)
It’s like that at all dealerships bud, oil does not come in drums, the drums are filled by a truck that comes around and pumps oil into that drum or tote. Just bc it’s labeled as that doesn’t mean that’s what’s in there. It’s pumped from a small tanker truck that has different compartments with different oils into the tote or drum the dealership has. I promise you majority of dealerships don’t use the oem branded oil. I have worked at a whole lot of manufacturers as a tech and they are getting the cheaper oil bc there is absolutely no money made on oil changes, it’s a way for customers to come in and upsell. Don’t think for one second if the dealership is out of stock on oil fikters or air filters they are not getting it from down the street.this happened a lot during Covid, parts were back ordered from manufacture. They are not going to send a customer away bc we don’t have filters in stock. Parts has it delivered from down the street. Sorry to hurt your feelings but I have been doing this a very long time for a whole lot of dealerships and that’s how it works.

It’s like that at all dealerships bud, oil does not come in drums, the drums are filled by a truck that comes around and pumps oil into that drum or tote. Just bc it’s labeled as that doesn’t mean that’s what’s in there. It’s pumped from a small tanker truck that has different compartments with different oils into the tote or drum the dealership has. I promise you majority of dealerships don’t use the oem branded oil. I have worked at a whole lot of manufacturers as a tech and they are getting the cheaper oil bc there is absolutely no money made on oil changes, it’s a way for customers to come in and upsell. Don’t think for one second if the dealership is out of stock on oil fikters or air filters they are not getting it from down the street.this happened a lot during Covid, parts were back ordered from manufacture. They are not going to send a customer away bc we don’t have filters in stock. Parts has it delivered from down the street. Sorry to hurt your feelings but I have been doing this a very long time for a whole lot of dealerships and that’s how it works.
I’ve gotten 10W-60 (S54) from a BMW dealer before and sampled it and it was 10W-60. You’re just a dealer tech, probably shouldn’t assume you know everything.

I’ve gotten 10W-60 (S54) from a BMW dealer before and sampled it and it was 10W-60. You’re just a dealer tech, probably shouldn’t assume you know everything.
10w60 is what causes the rod bearing failures on the m3/m5 as its way to thick of an oil.
that’s also 10w60 not 0w20. Big difference. We don’t carry any 0w20 at the dealership im at. Parts tells people that come in looking for it to buy and change their own oil that we do not use the 0w20 we use the 0w30.

Incorrect.

Please tell us which dealer you work for so we know that you don’t work on our vehicles or our friend’s/family member’s vehicles.
This person claims to have worked for MULTIPLE dealerships of MANY makes of vehicles. Wonder why he's worked at so many different places? I think I may know some reasons...

This person claims to have worked for MULTIPLE dealerships of MANY makes of vehicles. Wonder why he's worked at so many different places? I think I may know some reasons...
Yeah I’ll tell you why. I don’t want to specialize in just one manufacturer. I want to know all of them. I stay 4 years max if that. Get the knowledge and roll on to the next one.

You don’t know what happens in this business so there for keep your pie hole shut. I talk to actual engineers everyday. So again keep your pie hole shut. Not everyone wants to stay at one place forever. You don’t get knowledgeable that way. Me and a few others move on together as a team as most techs do.

10w60 is what causes the rod bearing failures on the m3/m5 as its way to thick of an oil.

that’s also 10w60 not 0w20. Big difference. We don’t carry any 0w20 at the dealership im at. Parts tells people that come in looking for it to buy and change their own oil that we do not use the 0w20 we use the 0w30.
Lol wut? The only way that could possibly happen is if the 10W winter rating was so inappropriate that the oil could not be pumped.

But I don’t think you understand basic physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back