Tune up in a bottle, whats your favorite?

I liked techron, but haven't used it in a while.

Added to a tank of 87 in my carbureted Cadillac Cimarron, it got rid of pinging for that tank. $15 worth of fuel, $8 worth of additive. Then it was back to normal. :rolleyes:

Was 87 the octane or the year?

Do you have a picture of this Cadillac Cimarron?

BG44K.

Best stuff IMHO to clean up carbon deposits. One can per year for my vehicles, I've used it on a number of occasions to clean up a rough idle, occasional knock with a standing history of "excessive" timing retarding issues from knock.

I've done the water injection, Mopar and GM top engine cleaner, seafoam, berryman soak for heavily carbonized pistons, but for your daily driver to clean up that idle or driveability issue, the 44K is my #1 goto and recommendation.
what say you on the upper side? I myself like the CRC GDI throttle body spray because of the pea content and it's real easy to work with.

b12 for cleaning carbs/injectors, tcw3 for UCL (if you have sticky valves) mmo in the oil but at half dose has worked for ticky lifters for me

When I was a kid I worked for a summer at a Pontiac Buick dealership. They sometimes put a GM product, Upper Chamber Conditioner (or a name close to that), through the carburetor of trade ins. You poured it in slowly for half a can then killed the engine by pouring in the last half quite fast. You let it sit for a half hour or so, then restarted. There was a lot of smoke - clouds of it in fact.

I suspect that was mostly the cleaner burning and it probably would have looked about the same on a new engine.
Pretty much just AV Gas.

2 favs, maybe 3, B-12, Marvel mystery Oil and Seafoam, all have worked well. My latest usage on my Harley was seafoam and it stopped the engine from dieseling when I would shut the engine off,,,well see if it continues to not diesel...on going testing
My favorite tune up in a bottle is American Honey by Wild Turkey...Keeps my valves clean and carbon free.... :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much just AV Gas.
Possibly, but the engine was smoking quite a bit as it was being poured in (through the carburetor). Wouldn't expect that with any kind of gas. If you see an old engine being started by pouring gas into the carburetor you never see that kind of smoking.

When the engine was started again after sitting, the clouds of smoke were amazing. That could have been carbon burning off though.

I don't know how you drink the honey stuff... I'm a huge WT fan, I keep 101 and 101 Rye on hand, but the honey whiskeys just read as too sweet.
I grew up on a lot of Hungarian brady and most of them were very sweet....esp. the Hungarian Golden Pear Brandy...

Back