Tune up in a bottle, whats your favorite?

2 favs, maybe 3, B-12, Marvel mystery Oil and Seafoam, all have worked well. My latest usage on my Harley was seafoam and it stopped the engine from dieseling when I would shut the engine off,,,well see if it continues to not diesel...on going testing

2 favs, maybe 3, B-12, Marvel mystery Oil and Seafoam, all have worked well. My latest usage on my Harley was seafoam and it stopped the engine from dieseling when I would shut the engine off,,,well see if it continues to not diesel...on going testing

I have used B-12 when having OPE carb issues. It works very well IMO.

I use MMO pretty regularly in my OPE now days. It is probably unnecessary but I use it to help keep the fuel fresh when items are stored.

I have used Seafoam once in our now gone 2006 Chrysler T&C. I was burning oil and I used the Seafoam through the vacuum hose hack to clean the engine. This process worked great to clean the engine, but clogged the catalytic convertor. A pretty obvious side effect of the carbon clean out. It was a heck of a smoke show when it was cleaning though!

Just my $0.02

I have used Seafoam once in our now gone 2006 Chrysler T&C. I was burning oil and I used the Seafoam through the vacuum hose hack to clean the engine. This process worked great to clean the engine, but clogged the catalytic convertor. A pretty obvious side effect of the carbon clean out. It was a heck of a smoke show when it was cleaning though!
When I was a kid I worked for a summer at a Pontiac Buick dealership. They sometimes put a GM product, Upper Chamber Conditioner (or a name close to that), through the carburetor of trade ins. You poured it in slowly for half a can then killed the engine by pouring in the last half quite fast. You let it sit for a half hour or so, then restarted. There was a lot of smoke - clouds of it in fact.

I suspect that was mostly the cleaner burning and it probably would have looked about the same on a new engine.

When I was a kid I worked for a summer at a Pontiac Buick dealership. They sometimes put a GM product, Upper Chamber Conditioner (or a name close to that), through the carburetor of trade ins. You poured it in slowly for half a can then killed the engine by pouring in the last half quite fast. You let it sit for a half hour or so, then restarted. There was a lot of smoke - clouds of it in fact.

I suspect that was mostly the cleaner burning and it probably would have looked about the same on a new engine.
I remember that MOPAR also had a product like that...Used some in my 1980 Chrysler Cordoba with a 318...

That reminds me of a product I used a couple of times back in the day - Carb-Out. And again, one wonders how much of the impressive smoke show is the product itself burning off.

As I think about it now, I wonder what the risk of hydrolocking the engine was?

on occasion been known to add Power Service to the diesel and Gumout Total fuel system cleaner to the gas tanks.. I sort of think the stuff doesn't accomplish very much but using the stuff does make me feel warm and fuzzy :)

Royal Purple Max-Atomizer.
Half a tank of fuel
Send it down the 1/4 a half dozen hits.

Always seems to run quieter and less thirsty afterwards.

Last edited:
Works in my Silverado, whole gallon in the tank. :eek:
7179smF1s-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Back