Trying Royal Purple for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at O'Reilly Auto Parts yesterday and noticed they had a sale on Royal Purple, buy a 5qt jug & K&N filter for $45. I never used RP before and with our harsh winter weather approaching I thought I would give it a try. Its for my 2011 V6 Challenger, I bought the API certified 5w30.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Great stuff! I ran RP for 10K intervals for years. Excellent product.

+1 ive been very impressed with it, regardless of what some people say about it, it has performed great for me. I may just stick with it.

Klotz -
Actually, KLOTZ oil is superb for your Harley [not kidding].

No way would I blow $45 on RP for a street car. Honest to goodness, no way.

LOL!!..I know, I am a faithful user of Klotz synthetics in my powersport equipment, (Harley / snowmobiles) it is good stuff!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Klotz -
Actually, KLOTZ oil is superb for your Harley [not kidding].

No way would I blow $45 on RP for a street car. Honest to goodness, no way.

even though $45 is not cheap for 5qts of synthetic oil, it is still cheaper than the OP could have it changed with synthetic and a junk filter at any quick lube, or dealership. so looking at it from that perspective makes the RP and K&N combo reasonable, i wouldnt call it a waste. its more expensive than M1 and a mopar filter, but still cheaper than Walmart will change the oil with synthetic, plus he is getting a decent filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Klotz1
I was at O'Reilly Auto Parts yesterday and noticed they had a sale on Royal Purple, buy a 5qt jug & K&N filter for $45. I never used RP before and with our harsh winter weather approaching I thought I would give it a try. Its for my 2011 V6 Challenger, I bought the API certified 5w30.

I have run RP for 20+ years and it is great stuff. I have used their MC oil in the past( in reference your post after this one quoted )and it is good too. I actually use or have used just about everything they offer. My 4-stroke OB even has their new marine oil in it right now. Use their gun oil too.

As to cost comments which always seem to come up when RP is discussed...$45 for 5qts and a K&N filter is not bad at all. Figure $10 for the K&N so $35 for 5qts = 7 p/qt. Not ridiculous at all based on today's pricing.

If you have a PepBoys near you keep an eye on their sales as they seem to have the best overall RP deals I have seen in the National Parts chains. They generally offer RP deals every 3 months or so. They offer a $45 for 5qts w/ RP filter deal often which is a good deal. Just recently they had a smoking deal. $35 off if you bought 5 qts and an RP filter. The limit was 2 deals p/ person. It worked out to just $29.94 for me for the 5qts and filter( no sales tax in NH ).

Nothing wrong with RP at all. It will serve you well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back