Toyota Increases its share of Subaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they trying to gobble up the Japanese auto industry ?

Does Toyota still have the reputation for reliability , it had had in the past ?

Please forgive me . I do not know a lot about Asian cars . Although , I think our 2015 Chevy Sonic is Korean or largely Korean ? So far it has been a good little economey car . :)

Thanks , :)

I own three Toyotas and currently all have met the same reputation for reliability I have come to expect from Toyota. If you look at auto web site that keep records of long term reliability, like dashboardlight.com Lexus (Toyota) is #1, and Toyota is #2 in reliability.

Originally Posted by E150GT
I hope not Mazda.

Too late. Toyota already owns a share of Mazda and that will grow. The new Mazda Toyota plant in Alabama is being built as we speak.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Are they trying to gobble up the Japanese auto industry ?

Does Toyota still have the reputation for reliability , it had had in the past ?

Please forgive me . I do not know a lot about Asian cars . Although , I think our 2015 Chevy Sonic is Korean or largely Korean ? So far it has been a good little economey car . :)

Thanks , :)

Toyota is still regarded as having very high reliability.

Some of the brands under the Toyota umbrella are Daihatsu, Suzuki, Mazda, Subaru.

Consolidation in the Japanese auto sector has been ongoing for some time. Also, many if not all the automakers are diversifying into other sectors. If it moves they are in it.

I don't really care if they own more of Subaru, as long as they don't change the tack Subaru has been on. 91 straight months of increasing sales or something crazy like that. About the only thing I wish Subaru would do is get back to the mindset of the mid-2000s, where every model outside of the Tribeca had an NA and turbo edition. Another thing I thing would sell like hotcakes would be if they offered a factory-lifted model (say 2" or so) and stuck some all-terrains on it. They heavily push the "go-anywhere" lifestyle in their advertising, they should offer some models with greatly increased capabilities like electronic locking diffs, drive modes (other than just X-mode), and maybe some fancy Fox shocks or something like that. Give these lifted models the unpainted heavier bumpers and lower valances on the sides for some scuff protection, and I think they'd become top sellers. Bringing back the Outback and Legacy turbos is a great start, I hope they continue bringing back some more powerful models.

Subaru has been leaning towards aerospace for a while now. You might be surprised how much they are involved with Boeing plus the UAV sector is growing.

Maybe Toyota is happy that Subaru is paying for the removal of engines to replace valve springs under recall.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Subaru has been leaning towards aerospace for a while now. You might be surprised how much they are involved with Boeing plus the UAV sector is growing.

Subaru's former parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, had been involved in aerospace since the 1950's. Fuji ceased to exist a few years ago and now all that was under it is under Subaru, in that sense yes now Subaru as a corporation is getting more into aerospace.

Originally Posted by Ignatius

Subaru's former parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, had been involved in aerospace since the 1950's. Fuji ceased to exist a few years ago and now all that was under it is under Subaru, in that sense yes now Subaru as a corporation is getting more into aerospace.

And FHI along with Mitsubishi built the planes for the Japanese military during the war. Now they are major contractors/suppliers with Boeing, Airbus and maybe Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics. Kawasaki is also involved in aerospace too.

Wonder how Honda's feeling that Toyota is integrating the Japanese auto industry. It has never seen eye-to-eye with Toyota.

Originally Posted by windeye
Wonder how Honda's feeling that Toyota is integrating the Japanese auto industry. It has never seen eye-to-eye with Toyota.

Honda is unique in that it has great success with their outdoor power equipment division. Motorcycles are also another area. Honda also has their aviation and robotics divisions. They seem to be content with their strategy.

Originally Posted by windeye

Honda is unique in that it has great success with their outdoor power equipment division. Motorcycles are also another area. Honda also has their aviation and robotics divisions. They seem to be content with their strategy.

That's because Honda builds engines whereas Toyota just "buys" them.
27.gif
28.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I don't really care if they own more of Subaru, as long as they don't change the tack Subaru has been on. 91 straight months of increasing sales or something crazy like that. About the only thing I wish Subaru would do is get back to the mindset of the mid-2000s, where every model outside of the Tribeca had an NA and turbo edition. Another thing I thing would sell like hotcakes would be if they offered a factory-lifted model (say 2" or so) and stuck some all-terrains on it. They heavily push the "go-anywhere" lifestyle in their advertising, they should offer some models with greatly increased capabilities like electronic locking diffs, drive modes (other than just X-mode), and maybe some fancy Fox shocks or something like that. Give these lifted models the unpainted heavier bumpers and lower valances on the sides for some scuff protection, and I think they'd become top sellers. Bringing back the Outback and Legacy turbos is a great start, I hope they continue bringing back some more powerful models.

There's been some rumors coming out of the mill that the 2021 Crosstrek will have a low range 6 speed transmission available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back