Toyota Offers $40k Off a $67k Car

Toyota has great product development skills, great production quality competence and great marketing. If GM or Ford were Toyota with their shared lock on most of the vast US market, they'd own the world.
I do take exception with the assertion that Toyota builds the best hybrids. My 2018 HAH is notably quicker than the 2018 Camry Hybrid, yields better fuel economy per EPA numbers and cost less. Other than that, the Camry Hybrid might be a better car?
Legendary company. Our RX450h F Sport is pretty darn nice. The GS350 F Sport is a great car.
I don't get why they delivered a poor EV drive system. Doesn't add up.

I'm sure Toyota will get it right. But they are hardly a startup car company; that's what surprises me. Not to mention they have been making the best hybrids for what, over 20 years?
Tesla and other EV startups had nothing to lose and everything to gain running on other people’s money.

Toyota is an established giant with a lot to lose like Ford and others with their cash/value/employment/brand etc.

Tesla and other EV startups had nothing to lose and everything to gain running on other people’s money.

Toyota is an established giant with a lot to lose like Ford and others with their cash/value/employment/brand etc.
Sure. Then why did they deliver inferior EV drivetrains? I don't get it, unless they thought people would buy them just on their legendary names.

Maybe because it’s just another big corporation run by normal people like any other and there is nothing “legendary” or “special” about it?
Toyota changed the way cars are made with their total quality and JIT manufacturing.
Hybrid vehicles, pioneered by the Prius, are mainstream.
Toyota is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative and profitable companies.

Back