Toyota halts US sales of 8 recalled vehicle models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Quote:
Yeah and if you worked for Toyota, you would probably do the same thing. Welcome to the world of business.

Well, for years we've been told that the evil corporations were the big 3 and that Toyota was heads and shoulders above them when it came to quality, honesty and buisness ethics, so what happend to the mighty Toyota and why some still insist to give Toyota a free pass?

There is absolutely no excuse for what they did, you can't hide behind the "Welcome to the world of business" especially when the company itself was touting it's ethics and "doing the right thing for the customers" for so long. I mean, they just said they stopped production "to protect customer", when in fact they were told to do so.

I once consulted at Toyota's IT department in Californa, and let me tell you their computer systems are the most F'd up I have ever seen...massive mismanagement, massive waste, and massive incompetence...if their cars are even 1/10th as bad as their IT services God help them....you'd think their systems were for some government agency or something...real [censored] poor design and backward methods.

Originally Posted By: lovcom
I once consulted at Toyota's IT department in Californa, and let me tell you their computer systems are the most F'd up I have ever seen...massive mismanagement, massive waste, and massive incompetence...if their cars are even 1/10th as bad as their IT services God help them....you'd think their systems were for some government agency or something...real [censored] poor design and backward methods.

Heck if antyhing, I think this shows that even the government can do good computers. (General Motors)

I just read in a news article that the defective part in these toyota cars is coming from the Canadian plant of a parts supplier.

Great, just what we need - when the US is alreasdy leaning towards protectionist manufacturing practices, this will just add fuel to the fire of 'don't buy foreign junk'......

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
What annoys me more than Toyota trying to spin and cover up earlier on is how certain news orginization (Fox) try to spin it with propaganda. For example, "Toyota known for the highest quality and reliability..is recalling 8 models. Then they put up a list of largest recalls and Ford and GM were on it. Of course this is going back to the early 70's when Ford and GM were supplying probably 75%+ of all cars sold. The earlier recalls of the domestic was not equivalent or really relevent. Just spin and propaganda.

Why do groups that aren't even affiliated with Toyota carry its corporate water?

But what Fox said about Toyota is (was) true....sorry the truth is inconvenient to your way of thinking...it is sad that you would expect Fox News to lie and say "Toyota, known for making really bad cars in the past.....". Now would that lie make you happy?

Sure they screwed up, yes, of course, but this does not negate their past excellence one bit....they were once great and they fall...it is as simple as that.

spin? LMAO!!!

That's a good one.

Regardless of who first reported it, Toyota is going downhill fast.

Any one else wonder what will happen when all these DBW cars are really old and a ground falls off or the harness shorts or we get some sunspots or....

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I just read in a news article that the defective part in these toyota cars is coming from the Canadian plant of a parts supplier.

Is that part really where the defect is? If it's a software problem, the answer is no.

lovcomthey will just go to one of the other Japanese makers if they're smart. . [/quote said:
There we go another dumb statement. So people that don't buy foreign are in someway inferior or stupid. Yea, that type of thought worked well for those Yota owners.

Man, what a
180px-Rooster_portrait2.jpg

Regardless of the massive opinions it all boils down to the fact that people have died or gotten severly hurt just for trying to have a nice reasonably priced car using ones hard earned money. Why? Just so the suit and tie guys can put more money in their pockets. It's big business at their best.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

Great, just what we need - when the US is alreasdy leaning towards protectionist manufacturing practices, this will just add fuel to the fire of 'don't buy foreign junk'......

Well if nothing elese, protectionism might result it lower unemployment.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I am sure that the big 3 would have acted as quick as toyota and even stop seeling the cars in question....
27.gif

That's not the point here though. I think it was said earlier, but there is a reason toyota sells cars. Most people don't buy them for the exciting looks, the rebates, but for the broad perception of reliability, and quality. And after this, there will be no going back. Toyota's perception is going to take a massive hit from this, it will no longer be the automaker that can do no wrong. While this would still hurt GM/Ford/Chrysler, it wouldn't hurt them nearly as much, because they haven't gotten by as long as toyota has simply on quality perception, and lately toyota has been doing pretty bad. Meanwhile the big three (GM and Ford mainly ) have been making giant strides in quality and reliability.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I am sure that the big 3 would have acted as quick as toyota and even stop seeling the cars in question....
27.gif

Yea Toyota acted fast .... denying it for a couple of years.

There's too many foreign-bashing and domestic-bashing posts to surgically remove and salvage this thread. I'm locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back