Time to trade or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every vehicle has it's quirks. My Mazda 3, for example, needs the accessory belt tensioner pulley changed every few years.
How big of a job is the thermostat in that Cruze? I can't imagine it being a big deal. I would definitely keep that car. The Accent is a downgrade to the Cruze.

I'd suggest you stick with the Cruze. They aren't perfect but it seems they are average cars. Accent, hahaha, what an AWFUL car.

Thanks for the inputs, and yes this is my third termostat, it cost around 150$ installed for an after market part. As for the timing belt, dealership said it was 900$ to change yhe belt, crazy. I got a quote from a local shop balc home thay i know well. They told me that i didnt need to replace the pulleys, juste replace the belt. That would be a 300$ job tax included.

For the leak, I believe it's coming from the pan, it's not leaking, it's just a wet spot. I have 162 000 km on the car. Suspension and brakes are in great condition. I can't complain really about this car.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
I got a quote from a local shop balc home thay i know well. They told me that i didnt need to replace the pulleys, juste replace the belt. That would be a 300$ job tax included.

Is this an interference engine? If so, will that shop pay for a new engine if one of the pulleys snaps not long after the belt replacement?

If the GM maintenance booklet says to replace the pulleys along with the belt, then I'd get them replaced. They most likely have been designed with a corresponding life span.

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Thanks for the inputs, and yes this is my third termostat, it cost around 150$ installed for an after market part. As for the timing belt, dealership said it was 900$ to change yhe belt, crazy. I got a quote from a local shop balc home thay i know well. They told me that i didnt need to replace the pulleys, juste replace the belt. That would be a 300$ job tax included.

For the leak, I believe it's coming from the pan, it's not leaking, it's just a wet spot. I have 162 000 km on the car. Suspension and brakes are in great condition. I can't complain really about this car.

We have thee 1.8l in our 2015 Sonic . Have not had to replace the tstat , yet .

Were the replacements metal or plastic ?

I suggest you buy the timing " kit " with all the assorted pieces . Since that space will be " opened up " .

The water pump is not driven by the timing system & is not behind the plastic cover . So , I would not replace it if it is not giving problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back