Tim Hortons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had the Intelly Ridge- very nice, and the Ethipian Harrar-like a blueberry bomb sundae. I am partial to the Colombian and Nicaraguans as they give me the heavy body and dark syrupy goodness with chocolate, nuts etc. I guess it is just what your local green buyer has. I had a Kenya a few yrs ago that knocked my socks off, deep, winey, jammy but haven't found any lately.
That is like my drum- it says 4 lbs but 2lb is the most reliable roast within the 12-14 min roast time.

Can you buy green from Intelly?

I shopped around a lot when I first started roasting, both online and locally. Coffee & Tea exchange sold green, at least back then, but I don't think Intelly ever has. Anymore I get all my stuff from Sweet Maria's in Oakland, CA.

We have too many Tim Horton's here. They are on every block, now they are even opening up little stores inside grocery stores and gas stations.

The secret is that the coffee is fresh, and every other fast food vendor would be giving you old stale coffee. I find the Tim Hortons coffee to be very generic tasting like mentioned above, nothing special at all. I don't get the people who absolutely love it.

Originally Posted By: JustinH

The secret is that the coffee is fresh, and every other fast food vendor would be giving you old stale coffee. I find the Tim Hortons coffee to be very generic tasting like mentioned above, nothing special at all. I don't get the people who absolutely love it.

It is all marketing gimmickry. The coffee is stale and nobody knows the difference.

I find it to be somewhat similar to Dunkin Donuts, except with nice, competent employees. Also, Tim's will not turn their coffees into sugar milkshakes like Dunkin Donuts will.

Dunkin' Donuts' Vanilla Bean Coolatta, which in a large-sized cup boasts about 880 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat--the artery-clogging kind; this is about 1/2 of the adult male caloric intake per day!

This is wild, imagine eating a regular diet and having 3 of these a week! You would be 45 lbs heavier at the end of 1 year all things staying the same(exercise, etc)

I think I will stick to fresh coffee with a little 2% milk acoupla times a day and save the money for new green beans.

S2

Originally Posted By: cutter
I find it to be somewhat similar to Dunkin Donuts, except with nice, competent employees. Also, Tim's will not turn their coffees into sugar milkshakes like Dunkin Donuts will.

Tim's iced cappuccino is the best Ive had, with the wawa regular non-flavored as next best.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: cutter

Tim's iced cappuccino is the best Ive had, with the wawa regular non-flavored as next best.

Yikes! Robusta flavoured coffee, check your caffeine monitor at the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back