thoughts on a KIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
The K.I.A. Cadenza is made in Hwasung, South Korea. Good luck getting parts for it after the Hwasongs go airborne.

Really.....I mean really? Is that the best you can come up with?

Do you have a 15 year old Crown Vic by any chance?

Would you buy a road-mobile KIA vehicle from Hwasung, while the road-mobile Hwasong and its corresponding vehicle is made to create the highest KIA numbers?

A few months ago I just bought a brand Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited (stickered at 38K) for my wife. I have no issues buying a Hyundai or Kia. NONE.

I had 07 Elantra for 5 years and 117K miles. I used it as a company car when I did IT consulting and wasn't always nice to it racing from one customer to the next, put it into the ditch a few times during winter too. I had major services ( T-belt, trans service etc) at the dealer per the maint schedule, changed the oil myself every 5K. Never had any issues with it besides a sway bar link under warranty at around 12K miles. It did start to eat tires in the front around the 100K mark but I never took the time to get an alignment so that's on me.

I'd absolutely buy another Hyundai/Kia product.

The one thing I Liked about my Hyundai was the build and paint quality. Where other manufacturers would leave open pinch welds underneath or at door bottoms, wheel arch lips etc, they sealed theirs. Paint was also thick and tough.

Originally Posted By: Huie83
The one thing I Liked about my Hyundai was the build and paint quality. Where other manufacturers would leave open pinch welds underneath or at door bottoms, wheel arch lips etc, they sealed theirs. Paint was also thick and tough.

Interesting, I never saw such a thing on any of the cars I've owned or inspected. Please let us know which manufacturers you're referring to.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Huie83

Interesting, I never saw such a thing on any of the cars I've owned or inspected. Please let us know which manufacturers you're referring to.

Subaru's paint is beyond horrible. Google is the proof here. And my ownership experience.

Had my Kia Soul for about 1.5 years and 25k miles.

On track to be the best vehicle I've ever owned. Love it, and will drive it into the ground.

Like others, my 2.0L engine runs quieter and uses less oil on 30-weight than 20-weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back