Thoughts on 2006 Grand Prix GT for $4600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Much better than the Taurus.

^^This!! I really like those. It's a 3800 Series II,right? I don't think $4600 is bad at all,especially since it's at a reputable dealership.

The 2006 and beyond Grand Prix 3.8 is the Series III. The nice thing about the Series III is that it has the updated lower intake manifold gasket, which was the only issue with the 3.8l. The elbows may need to be replaced, but not such a tough job.

If the coolant tank is pink/ orange, good chance the elbows have been replaced and all is well.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yeah the price is a little high because it's a dealer not private party. My max private party purchase would be somewhere around $3000, otherwise I'm going to have to put a couple grand down and finance.

There is no question in my mind if you tell the dealer you will pay up to $2700 out the door, you will be driving that GP for under 3k. Please do a inspection prior to making any offers.

Originally Posted By: GON
Yeah the price is a little high because it's a dealer not private party. My max private party purchase would be somewhere around $3000, otherwise I'm going to have to put a couple grand down and finance.

There is no question in my mind if you tell the dealer you will pay up to $2700 out the door, you will be driving that GP for under 3k. Please do a inspection prior to making any offers.

I hadn't considered that, thanks for the tip.

I called them directly and they won't go any lower than the internet price, he said maybe $4400 but there's no way he can do $3000

Let them sit and watch it rust awhile.
If you are that interested in it, try hitting them up on the last day of the month, about an hour before closing.
When I first looked at the Ranger in my signature, I was told 9K, take it or leave it. I left it.
I bought it 2 weeks later for 5.5K.

That is the going price around here. I had an 04 same car. Was a great car. Biggest issue I had was a front wheel bearing. Everyone here wants something for 2 dollars. Hard to do. The Market dictates price. My old one with 120,000 sold for 7995 17 months ago in the Pacific Northwest 4400 dollars for a car with an easy 100,000 miles left is not too bad.

Having said that, they will sell it for that price. It is a supercharged Series III 3800. You won't kill it. If you could get it for 4000 you would be doing pretty good. Heck they gave me that on trade for mine.

These guys will pay that all day for a Civic with 200,000 miles on it for the same vintage. I wlll never understand that.

Same dealer just received a Fusion for $3700. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it to $3k out the door, which means after taxes, fees, etc...

Link

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Same dealer just received a Fusion for $3700. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it to $3k out the door, which means after taxes, fees, etc...

Link

More Miles, Less options. So 3700 is not bad. The GT has leather, a blower, heated seats and they want 900 bucks more. Tell me which one is going to be nicer to daily drive?

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
More Miles, Less options. So 3700 is not bad. The GT has leather, a blower, heated seats and they want 900 bucks more. Tell me which one is going to be nicer to daily drive?

I'm sure they would be much more willing to negotiate on the Fusion. Prob get it for $3k out the door. Which will probably be $2k less than the GP in the end($4400 + tax = $5k). Then the OP wouldn't have to finance the balance with a short term loan which will add even more cost. Unless of course you want to loan it to him.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: ls1mike

I'm sure they would be much more willing to negotiate on the Fusion. Prob get it for $3k out the door. Which will probably be $2k less than the GP in the end($4400 + tax = $5k). Then the OP wouldn't have to finance the balance with a short term loan which will add even more cost. Unless of course you want to loan it to him.

Ah got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back